These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2021, 12:11 AM   #29481
suicide kills
gutshot and bleeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide kills View Post
I searched for an apparel thread and didn't see one, and creating a new thread seems weird. I came across an old tub with a bunch of t-shirts preserved like a damn time capsule. A few I still want to keep (like DMB local crew shirts and my first concert), but I probably don't need to keep this many around for twenty more years.

So, does anyone want some vintage DMB shirts?
Here's what I've got. I'll grade them on the Discogs vinyl scale:

(GONE)---D&T 2003 (charcoal tee, guitar outline), Mint, L (seems on the more medium side of large), I don't think I ever wore it, bought at Boone, NC.
---summer 2000 (white tee, surfboard pattern), XL, Good, bought at Deer Creek, IN. I wore this a ton, so it has a distinctly worn look, for sure. Some slight pit discoloration and some super random tiny holes.
(GONE)---summer 2001 (white tee, powerline pattern), L (44), VG+, no holes just a bit of pit discoloration (why so many white tees, damn it?), bought at VA Beach.
---summer 2001 (Detroit/Comerica-specific, gray tee, green/purple screen with model T), L (44), Mint, I don't think I ever wore this, either. Bought at Comerica, obvs.
(GONE)---summer 2003 (white tee, watertower design), L, Mint, don't think this was ever worn. Bought at Cinci, I think?
(GONE)---winter 2000 (white tee, blue/silver screen), XL (48), NM-, no stains or pits, bought at AllState, Chicago
---winter 2002 (navy tee, blue sky design), L, NM-, bought at Assembly Hall, Champaign
(GONE)---blue BTCS rings shirt, XL, VG, light neck distress and small front-side hole probably from belt buckle
---gold lion shirt, XL, VG, some neck wear that makes it look like it was made to be distressed and one small hole on the front, two on the back (looks like A&F made it this way )
Last call on these few that are left.
suicide kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 02:49 AM   #29482
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Name I haven’t seen in forever
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 02:54 AM   #29483
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide kills View Post
Yep.

Love people who feel entitled to see his fucking Instagram calling him smug/entitled.
He acts like he owns the band. Like after the Gorge when he said he was crying for how hard he worked and bringing in Buddy was the best decision he ever made . Hes not smug. He just acts like a child.

And yup. I got blocked by him. Said Grey Squeak in a comment. Would do it again.
Old 12-14-2021, 03:00 AM   #29484
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyRider View Post
The song was listed on a whiteboard in this promo for Rockbridge. So, it's likely not dead, yet (Sept. 2000):
[Only registered users can see links.]
Nice find, but Im fine with that song being dead. Maybe a one off would be cool. But play Busted Stuff instead.
Old 12-14-2021, 08:36 AM   #29485
Thrawn
You can't take the sky from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
He acts like he owns the band. Like after the Gorge when he said he was crying for how hard he worked and bringing in Buddy was the best decision he ever made . Hes not smug. He just acts like a child.

And yup. I got blocked by him. Said Grey Squeak in a comment. Would do it again.
You complain about the weirdest shit. Bringing in Buddy probably was the best decision he's made as part of the band.
Thrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 09:56 AM   #29486
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

The remainder of the top 10 tour list consisted of Dead & Company at No. 3 with 588,600 tickets (and a $50.2 million take); Dave Matthews Band at No. 4 with 583,000 customers ($46 million); Phish in fifth with 573,000 ($45 million), the Jonas Brothers taking sixth with 529,000 ($42 million); Luke Bryan at No. 7 with 523,000 ducats; Chris Stapleton in ninth with 516,000 sold ($35 million); and Alanis Morissette, who was celebrating the anniversary of “Jagged Little Pill,” coming in at No. 10 with 499,000 ($29 million).

roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 10:05 AM   #29487
patsfan39

Grey Squeak is kinda funny too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive View Post
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

You have a point, but it's a stupid one.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 10:21 AM   #29488
soright05

Quote:

LOL - how did you even comment on anything of his, I thought they were turned off?
soright05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 10:24 AM   #29489
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
You complain about the weirdest shit. Bringing in Buddy probably was the best decision he's made as part of the band.
Sure. But it’s not his band and it wasn’t his decision. Dave made the decision after they played Steady As We Go together.
Old 12-14-2021, 10:27 AM   #29490
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by soright05 View Post
LOL - how did you even comment on anything of his, I thought they were turned off?
This was years ago. He started disabling comments because he got butthurt
Old 12-14-2021, 10:30 AM   #29491
patsfan39

Quote:
Sure. But its not his band and it wasnt his decision. Dave made the decision after they played Steady As We Go together.
This isnt true. Rashawn played piano on SAWG at the gorge in 2014, and then they played the entire 2015 and 2016 tours, took a year off for boyd and then Rashawn introduced Buddy to Dave in the Come Tomorrow sessions. I cant imagine that rashawn playing piano at a concert 4 years prior to buddy joining is why buddy was made part of the band.

Quote:
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

Old 12-14-2021, 10:47 AM   #29492
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

That was Buddy’s tryout with the band. Playing Steady with Dave. Nothing about Rashawn. He just recommended Buddy
Old 12-14-2021, 10:52 AM   #29493
Tomacco

Ultimately, it was probably Dave's decision. But it was definitely Rashawn who brought Buddy to the band (and vouched for him), so I see that as what Rashawn is taking credit for.

Shockingly enough, I agree with Tamby on this one. Rashawn saying "best decision I ever made" did give me a self-serving, not a team player vibe. He posted it after Buddy saved the Gorge weekend, so it felt insecure to me that Rashawn had to announce he brought him in. Felt like he was trying to steal some spotlight and credit. That being said, it totally may not have been Rashawn's intent. I get the impression Rashawn is somewhat emotional and bad at expressing himself, and probably does wrestle with some insecurity and defensiveness (hence not allowing comments on his IG, as not to have to deal with other people's opinions). He's a human being though, what can ya do.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 10:55 AM   #29494
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Old 12-14-2021, 10:58 AM   #29495
patsfan39

Its still not a huge jump to say Rashawn gave a recommendation to check out Buddy and Dave took him up on it. People are credited for referrals all the time. And they should feel good about that.

I dont know what youre getting at with the tryout. Dave's only song he had written at the time was SAWG that heavily featured piano. I dont think having Buddy try out on VITR or OOMH would have made any sense since they are literally overly simple tunes. I dont know what the big deal is, if youre insisting they should have done a more extensive tryout thats stupid. Buddy has worked out pretty well. There obviously was something about brining butch back that didnt sit right with them, and who cares anyways. Just because it stopped after one song isnt a big deal. They clicked and the rest is history.

Quote:

Old 12-14-2021, 11:15 AM   #29496
dmb2much40

The issue with Rashawn’s comment doesn’t have anything to do with Buddy’s talent. The issue is that Rashawn implied that he had decision making power in a band that he wasn’t a founding member of, as if he’s on even ground with Dave/Carter/Stefan. And I think a lot of people, me included, overreacted to that because we find Rashawn generally annoying.
Old 12-14-2021, 11:23 AM   #29497
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Rashawn is a child. And he was personally rude to me. Left an empty cup on my table when I was in the lounge on his way out. He’s a douche.
Old 12-14-2021, 11:42 AM   #29498
celluloid hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
The issue is that Rashawn implied that he had decision making power in a band that he wasn’t a founding member of, as if he’s on even ground with Dave/Carter/Stefan.
And if he's the one who made the decision, or the suggestion that made it happen, and Dave, Carter & Stefan any one of them could have said no, and it turned out that it has worked out, who cares who suggested it? Why would it be "implying" if that's what happened. Rashawn has been here 15 years. That's not "last summer" any more.

The only people any right to say whether he deserves credit for anything are the ones who are actually there. And we decide if he's worthy to make a suggestion or a decision? Not Dave, Stefan or Carter? The entitlement is surprising. I'm sorry you don't like him and he made a decision or suggestion leading to that decision. That doesn't change the plot. Plus it worked out.

His role in this band has nothing to do with him overplaying and missing high-notes, or moving to a scripted approach for the horns.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 11:46 AM   #29499
patsfan39

I think a lot of you guys are way overreacting. His message was a bit questionable, but he did refer the guy to the band. Was it his decision? Probably not but who really cares what word he used?

Quote:

Old 12-14-2021, 02:13 PM   #29500
Steveo Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
The remainder of the top 10 tour list consisted of Dead & Company at No. 3 with 588,600 tickets (and a $50.2 million take); Dave Matthews Band at No. 4 with 583,000 customers ($46 million); Phish in fifth with 573,000 ($45 million), the Jonas Brothers taking sixth with 529,000 ($42 million); Luke Bryan at No. 7 with 523,000 ducats; Chris Stapleton in ninth with 516,000 sold ($35 million); and Alanis Morissette, who was celebrating the anniversary of Jagged Little Pill, coming in at No. 10 with 499,000 ($29 million).

Wow nice
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc