These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 01:09 PM   #5401
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinoyed
Posts: 19,972
And they'll absolutely be able to do a Fall Tour.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:10 PM   #5402
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 20,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
i think as long as DMB can fill at least 2/3 of each venue they're comfortable doing a tour. and i don't see them not being able to do that anytime soon, no matter how dour you might think things are.
They're not filling 2/3 Pittsburgh night 1.

But the point is one of oversaturation. They sell 90% (might be a high estimate, lawn sales were not close to selling out) of the tickets in Camden for Summer 2012. How many of those people are going to go to the Wells Fargo Center in October? And then to Camden again in 2013? Lawn seats are up to $60 now. It was different when it was like $25 for a lawn ticket, people would just go on a whim.
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #5403
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinoyed
Posts: 19,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Yes, but they don't usually have 450 reserved tickets to sell, a week before the show. Remember, thats only the 200 level: 450 and 300 tickets for each night, respectively.
You're right, and I looked at Alpine, and those prices do seem lower than where they're usually at.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:12 PM   #5404
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
They're not filling 2/3 Pittsburgh night 1.
"Pittsburgh on Friday July 13th - [Only registered users can see links.]
They have 2,000 unsold upper pavilion seats."

doesn't that place hold like 20k? there'd have to be like 5000 lawn tickets available along with the 2000 pavillion available to "not fill 2/3 pittsburgh night 1" not to mention the fact that it's still two weeks away.

you frame this stuff in ways that make it seem worse than it is.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:13 PM   #5405
Monk
Moore Soul
 
Monk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
They're not filling 2/3 Pittsburgh night 1.

But the point is one of oversaturation. They sell 90% (might be a high estimate, lawn sales were not close to selling out) of the tickets in Camden for Summer 2012. How many of those people are going to go to the Wells Fargo Center in October? And then to Camden again in 2013?
You say the same thing after every tour. And according to you, the Caravan was supposed to be the new touring model. I'm sure you have some lame excuse as to why that didn't happen, which I have no concern for, but at least find a new lame argument to make.
__________________
UN-BAN SMITTAY! VIVA LA REVOLUCION! #OccupyTDC #Smittay

http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=181

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftMacho View Post
i get the feeling about 3% of the people in this thread have ever been laid
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #5406
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 20,539
Starlake holds 23,000, 16,000 of them on the lawn.

There's no way to know how many lawn seats are out there (to my knowledge) but with thousands of reserved seats left there can't be that many lawns sold. Its $73 for a reserved seat, $52 for a lawn seat, not that big a difference.
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #5407
inmytree
Hey Gee.
 
inmytree's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 5,115
I'd be curious to know if they tend to do better on album years or not. There'd probably be no way to find that out for sure that wouldn't take forever to compile, but still it would be interesting to note.
inmytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:16 PM   #5408
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 20,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
You say the same thing after every tour. And according to you, the Caravan was supposed to be the new touring model. I'm sure you have some lame excuse as to why that didn't happen, which I have no concern for, but at least find a new lame argument to make.
You can't read for shit.

I said they wanted the Caravan to be the new touring model. And then they found out no one wanted to go to the fucking Caravan, so it got scrapped. Remember, they were going to sell 75,000 tickets in AC each day, and didn't sell 75,000 over the entire weekend?
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #5409
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Starlake holds 23,000, 16,000 of them on the lawn.

There's no way to know how many lawn seats are out there (to my knowledge) but with thousands of reserved seats left there can't be that many lawns sold. Its $73 for a reserved seat, $52 for a lawn seat, not that big a difference.
it's not uncommon for lawn to sell more than pavillion though.

and still, there's no point in raising the distress signal about a show two weeks away.

basically, i'd have to see a picture of that crowd the day after the show to be convinced they didn't fill 2/3 of the capacity.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #5410
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 20,539
You could try to look at the Pollstar tour numbers and divide by number of dates in the year to get an average per show, then compare the years.
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:19 PM   #5411
Monk
Moore Soul
 
Monk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
You can't read for shit.

I said they wanted the Caravan to be the new touring model. And then they found out no one wanted to go to the fucking Caravan, so it got scrapped. Remember, they were going to sell 75,000 tickets in AC each day, and didn't sell 75,000 over the entire weekend?
If there are any advantages to illiteracy, your posts would be one of them.
__________________
UN-BAN SMITTAY! VIVA LA REVOLUCION! #OccupyTDC #Smittay

http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=181

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftMacho View Post
i get the feeling about 3% of the people in this thread have ever been laid
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #5412
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 20,539
Spence, I've been there like 5 different years. I think the only reason they play two nights at that place is that its so far away from everywhere else on the schedule. Its like 45 minutes outside the city just about in West Virginia. Pittsburgh is a small metro area as it is. They never sell out Pittsburgh shows.
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:20 PM   #5413
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 20,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk View Post
If there are any advantages to illiteracy, your posts would be one of them.
I suppose since you have nothing constructive to say, you might as well just continue making stupid personal attacks.
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #5414
Monk
Moore Soul
 
Monk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 7,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
I suppose since you have nothing constructive to say, you might as well just continue making stupid personal attacks.
Since when is arguing with you about anything constructive?
__________________
UN-BAN SMITTAY! VIVA LA REVOLUCION! #OccupyTDC #Smittay

http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=181

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftMacho View Post
i get the feeling about 3% of the people in this thread have ever been laid
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #5415
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Spence, I've been there like 5 different years. I think the only reason they play two nights at that place is that its so far away from everywhere else on the schedule. Its like 45 minutes outside the city just about in West Virginia. Pittsburgh is a small metro area as it is. They never sell out Pittsburgh shows.
well i'm not talking about selling it out. i'd have to see visual proof that it's barely over half full. no offense, but your word doesn't cut it. nor does anyone else's.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #5416
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 20,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
well i'm not talking about selling it out. i'd have to see visual proof that it's barely over half full. no offense, but your word doesn't cut it. nor does anyone else's.
We have mathematical proof that there are only 7,000 seats at Starlake. 2,000 of them are still on sale at livenation.com. Thats only 71% sold, so just ahead of 2/3. They have to sell 10,500 lawn seats to get to 2/3 capacity.

I don't think 10,500 people passed up $20 more reserved seats so they can sit uncovered on the lawn.
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #5417
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
gotta be honest, you just confused the fuck out of me with that post.

specifically..

"Thats only 71% sold, so just ahead of 2/3. They have to sell 10,500 lawn seats to get to 2/3 capacity"

so have they hit 2/3 capacity or no?
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:53 PM   #5418
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 20,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
gotta be honest, you just confused the fuck out of me with that post.

specifically..

"Thats only 71% sold, so just ahead of 2/3. They have to sell 10,500 lawn seats to get to 2/3 capacity"

so have they hit 2/3 capacity or no?
5,000 Pavillion tickets are sold, and it holds 7,000. So 71% of the Pavillion is sold.

23,000 is the venue capacity (Pavillion + Lawn). 2/3 of 23,000 is 15,300.

We know there are 5k pavillion tickets. 15,300 - 5,000 means they have to sell over 10,000 lawn seats to be at 2/3 capacity right now.


Since lawn seats are $52, and pavillion seats are $72, I suggest that there are not 10,000 people who chose not to pay the extra $20 to get an actual seat. That is generally how amp concerts work. There are a higher percentage of actual seats sold than the percentage of lawn tickets sold.
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #5419
FiddySpence
TDCya
 
FiddySpence's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 67,585
ah gotcha.

well like you said, there's no way of knowing how many lawn tickets are sold. so i'm gonna reserve my alarm.
FiddySpence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #5420
JustinC
 
JustinC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,224
Then there is the fact that N2 the pavilion is 260 tickets away from being sold out. With more than half of those tickets being 6 rows at the back of the pavilion.

So if DMB management is alarmed by the N1 attendance. Guess what happens? Starlake gets 1 show a tour for the foreseeable future.

But remember this is a N1 we are talking about. I'm sure by the time the 13th comes around close to half those tickets will be gone.

Also you'd be surprised how many pass on paying $20 more to sit in the pavilion, especially when the only rows that are left are ones in the back. Then there are the groups of friends that get lawn so they can hangout during the show.
JustinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.14460 seconds with 14 queries