Old 12-02-2021, 09:22 AM   #29424
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Is Bagby still with the band?
I believe so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive View Post
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

You have a point, but it's a stupid one.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 11:45 PM   #29425
gweeps
homesick android

Man, Lithog was stupendous in 2009.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:12 AM   #29426
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:
Man, Lithog was stupendous in 2009.
2010 versions are an adventure. In a mostly good way. Some felt the song got too long but I liked the variation.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 05:30 PM   #29427
suicide kills
gutshot and bleeding

I searched for an apparel thread and didn't see one, and creating a new thread seems weird. I came across an old tub with a bunch of t-shirts preserved like a damn time capsule. A few I still want to keep (like DMB local crew shirts and my first concert), but I probably don't need to keep this many around for twenty more years.

So, does anyone want some vintage DMB shirts?
Here's what I've got. I'll grade them on the Discogs vinyl scale:

(GONE)---D&T 2003 (charcoal tee, guitar outline), Mint, L (seems on the more medium side of large), I don't think I ever wore it, bought at Boone, NC.
---summer 2000 (white tee, surfboard pattern), XL, Good, bought at Deer Creek, IN. I wore this a ton, so it has a distinctly worn look, for sure. Some slight pit discoloration and some super random tiny holes.
(GONE)---summer 2001 (white tee, powerline pattern), L (44), VG+, no holes just a bit of pit discoloration (why so many white tees, damn it?), bought at VA Beach.
---summer 2001 (Detroit/Comerica-specific, gray tee, green/purple screen with model T), L (44), Mint, I don't think I ever wore this, either. Bought at Comerica, obvs.
(GONE)---summer 2003 (white tee, watertower design), L, Mint, don't think this was ever worn. Bought at Cinci, I think?
(GONE)---winter 2000 (white tee, blue/silver screen), XL (48), NM-, no stains or pits, bought at AllState, Chicago
---winter 2002 (navy tee, blue sky design), L, NM-, bought at Assembly Hall, Champaign
(GONE)---blue BTCS rings shirt, XL, VG, light neck distress and small front-side hole probably from belt buckle
---gold lion shirt, XL, VG, some neck wear that makes it look like it was made to be distressed and one small hole on the front, two on the back (looks like A&F made it this way )

Last edited by suicide kills; 12-09-2021 at 11:42 PM.
suicide kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 12:38 AM   #29428
justin1013471
bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide kills View Post
I searched for an apparel thread and didn't see one, and creating a new thread seems weird. I came across an old tub with a bunch of t-shirts preserved like a damn time capsule. A few I still want to keep (like DMB local crew shirts and my first concert), but I probably don't need to keep this many around for twenty more years.

So, does anyone want some vintage DMB shirts?
Here's what I've got. I'll grade them on the Discogs vinyl scale:

---D&T 2003 (charcoal tee, guitar outline), Mint, L (seems on the more medium side of large), I don't think I ever wore it, bought at Boone, NC.
---summer 2000 (white tee, surfboard pattern), XL, Good, bought at Deer Creek, IN. I wore this a ton, so it has a distinctly worn look, for sure. Some slight pit discoloration and some super random tiny holes.
---summer 2001 (white tee, powerline pattern), L (44), VG+, no holes just a bit of pit discoloration (why so many white tees, damn it?), bought at VA Beach.
---summer 2001 (Detroit/Comerica-specific, gray tee, green/purple screen with model T), L (44), Mint, I don't think I ever wore this, either. Bought at Comerica, obvs.
---summer 2003 (white tee, watertower design), L, Mint, don't think this was ever worn. Bought at Cinci, I think?
---winter 2000 (white tee, blue/silver screen), XL (48), NM-, no stains or pits, bought at AllState, Chicago
---winter 2002 (navy tee, blue sky design), L, NM-, bought at Assembly Hall, Champaign
---blue BTCS rings shirt, XL, VG, light neck distress and small front-side hole probably from belt buckle
---gold lion shirt, XL, VG, some neck wear that makes it look like it was made to be distressed and one small hole on the front, two on the back (looks like A&F made it this way )
-D&T 2003 (charcoal tee, guitar outline), Mint, L (seems on the more medium side of large), I don't think I ever wore it, bought at Boone, NC.

-Summer 2003 (white tee, watertower design), L, Mint, don't think this was ever worn. Bought at Cinci, I think?

I would LOVE these if still available. Could you message me about how to set this all up please. Thank you kindly!!
justin1013471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 08:44 AM   #29429
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Stuff That Doesn't Need Its Own Thread (DMBc Version)

Quote:
Is Bagby still with the band?

Yep. Rockin those S6L consoles with Ian
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 01:17 PM   #29430
dancetheham

Remember when Nancies being played at SPAC 2002 was a HUGE BUSTOUT simply because it wasn't played on the Fall 2000 tour, only once in 2001, and not at all on the Spring 2002 tour? Oh, it was a simpler time
dancetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 12:35 PM   #29431
soups
Rashawn has to go

25 years ago today was my first DMB show.

[Only registered users can see links.]
soups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:00 PM   #29432
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean52692 View Post
2010 versions are an adventure. In a mostly good way. Some felt the song got too long but I liked the variation.
I think it got a bit too over the top at times where it was just Jeff doing rediculous technical sax sounds and Carter bashing away. 41 suffered the same problem. I’d still much rather have more sax solos on everything, especially 41, but I do think In ‘09/‘10 it kind of just lacked “feel” it seemed like a clinic for how to do really difficult runs on sax
Old 12-07-2021, 10:02 PM   #29433
greykitkat36

For what it’s worth, Rashawn posted an Instagram story wheee he was recording muted trumpet parts for the new DMB record. So clearly it’s not even to the mixing stage yet. I think May-June is probably the earliest we’ll see this released.
Old 12-07-2021, 10:14 PM   #29434
JoyRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
For what it’s worth, Rashawn posted an Instagram story wheee he was recording muted trumpet parts for the new DMB record. So clearly it’s not even to the mixing stage yet. I think May-June is probably the earliest we’ll see this released.
Thanks. Why is Rashawn’s IG private? I requested months ago but it looks like he only has like 1,100 followers.
JoyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 01:28 AM   #29435
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyRider View Post
Thanks. Why is Rashawn’s IG private? I requested months ago but it looks like he only has like 1,100 followers.
Probably couldn’t take the haters. A lot of people were writing negative stuff on there towards him and the band.
Old 12-08-2021, 06:49 AM   #29436
willndmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancetheham View Post
Remember when Nancies being played at SPAC 2002 was a HUGE BUSTOUT simply because it wasn't played on the Fall 2000 tour, only once in 2001, and not at all on the Spring 2002 tour? Oh, it was a simpler time
Solo encore one?
I was there, first time in balcony
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:29 AM   #29437
cgator41

Quote:
Probably couldn’t take the haters. A lot of people were writing negative stuff on there towards him and the band.
A bunch of obnoxious DMB fans who know nothing about trumpet telling a Berklee educated musician that he sucks...

Yeah, I'd make my account private too.
cgator41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:42 AM   #29438
blumathu

Quote:
This doesn't mean they haven't started mixing.
blumathu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:54 AM   #29439
JoyRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgator41 View Post
A bunch of obnoxious DMB fans who know nothing about trumpet telling a Berklee educated musician that he sucks...

Ha! Yeah, good call, guys. I'm sure it is/was brutal.
JoyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:07 AM   #29440
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgator41 View Post

You don't need to be Berklee educated to know that he does more harm to the band's sound than good.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc