These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2022, 09:15 AM   #361
Tomacco

Lol I can imagine so much of those comments being totally bewildering from Jeff’s perspective. Remember, he does not live in this TDC echo chamber where Rashawn’s squeaking or band ownership or accent get brought up over and over and over again, or Carter’s banging, or gimmicks like Thank You etc.

He also comes from a history of bands without this kind of rabid entitled aging fan base. Even the Flecktones I can’t imagine anyone complaining about setlists like people do here.

And you’re in a losing situation with the subtlety argument. There has been plenty of subtlety in songs like Break for It, Dreaming Tree, WATM, Sweet, Crush, etc this tour.

You do come off like a sad Comic Book Guy in these comments, sorry to say. Maybe try a more tactful approach next time instead of piling on a laundry list of complaints. Or, you know, just move on from the band already.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 09:23 AM   #362
bassplayer22

I canít imagine being that worked up about a setlist or a band to act like that at your age lol.
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 09:30 AM   #363
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Lol I can imagine so much of those comments being totally bewildering from Jeff’s perspective. Remember, he does not live in this TDC echo chamber where Rashawn’s squeaking or band ownership or accent get brought up over and over and over again, or Carter’s banging, or gimmicks like Thank You etc.

He also comes from a history of bands without this kind of rabid entitled aging fan base. Even the Flecktones I can’t imagine anyone complaining about setlists like people do here.

And you’re in a losing situation with the subtlety argument. There has been plenty of subtlety in songs like Break for It, Dreaming Tree, WATM, Sweet, Crush, etc this tour.

You do come off like a sad Comic Book Guy in these comments, sorry to say. Maybe try a more tactful approach next time instead of piling on a laundry list of complaints. Or, you know, just move on from the band already.
Man you trying to argue the band is subtle

Maybe you should move on from TDC to DMB Family. You are the biggest apologist for everything they do.
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 09:31 AM   #364
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassplayer22 View Post
I canít imagine being that worked up about a setlist or a band to act like that at your age lol.
Who got pissed off and posted a video to instagram. Multimillionaire band member. Not me. I don't give shit. I just won't go to shows. And slowly stop listening to these tapes. They continually go down hill
Old 05-22-2022, 09:32 AM   #365
Xcacel

5-20-2022 Set Picks/Discussion (PNC Music Pavilion Charlotte, Charlotte, NC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
Me:
Time Bomb is the worst DMB
song. Between Carter banging the crap out
of every song and Rashawn squealing over
everything and thinking he owns the band,
just can't with this band anymore. All the
subtlety has been lost. It's all about
gimmicks and pumping the crowd with loud
sounds.

Jeff: U obv are
not a fan. Ok. That's fine of course.
Please keep ur opinions to yourself
tho as I'm not interested in them to be
honest. If u want to be negative there
are plenty of places you'll feel
welcome.

Me: You guys made fun of Boyd in front of thousands for his mistakes. Whoís negative?

Jeff: That never happened

Then I went in on Rashawn being rude to fans and an egomaniac, etc. there were also others who piled in. Iím blocked now.

Tambourine, my two cents here.
You got a very good initial point. Maybe they are not the worst DMB ever, because they are still damn good (just listened to Crush in Charlotte, and it was a great one), but sometimes they do much less in respect to what they can do.

Then when Jeff commented that youíre not a fan, instead of explaining that youíre their biggest fan, and thatís why you wish they can do better, you went on a fight with that example about BT. Actually, I donít know what youíre referring to, can you explain to me when did that happen? Making fun of him?

After that Jeff was very defensive, and any hope for a communication was gone. Insulting Ross doesnít help either.

Jeff is most likely the one that has less weight in any decision within DMB. They put him on a corner for some time. Last year it was sad to watch him watching Marsalis taking all the stage. We donít really know how good are his relationship with the other band members.
What I am trying to say is that it doesnít make too much sense from me to insult RR or complain about the setlist with a guy that kindly admitted to be just the sax guy. IG is a place to have visibility but I am not sure that this is the right approach if you want to focus on what we donít like about certain nights (and keep in mind, we are at 5% of a tour, and not any setlist can be the dream setlist). Dave writes the setlist with that colored marked scheme, and only god knows what is in his mind.

Again, just my opinion.

Last edited by Xcacel; 05-22-2022 at 11:43 AM.
Xcacel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 09:35 AM   #366
bassplayer22

Quote:
Who got pissed off and posted a video to instagram. Multimillionaire band member. Not me. I don't give shit. I just won't go to shows. And slowly stop listening to these tapes. They continually go down hill
Lol ok. You still havenít even answered my question so just trolling like you usually do.
bassplayer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 09:37 AM   #367
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Where's the troll? Their sound sucks. Several members left midset this tour. Everything I said was completely honest.
Old 05-22-2022, 09:40 AM   #368
Tomacco

Quote:
Man you trying to argue the band is subtle

Maybe you should move on from TDC to DMB Family. You are the biggest apologist for everything they do.
I believe I criticized the opening and closing runs of this show pretty clearly. But yes I still very much enjoy the band, want to see them live, and appreciate what they do. Why else would I still be on a DMB message board?
Old 05-22-2022, 09:49 AM   #369
Xcacel

Since I am hereÖ
About the guy that left the show after 5-6 songs.

You can do what you want to do with your money, but spending 150 $ more or less for a show, and throw them in the garbageÖwhen I know at least a couple of great people that wanted to attend a DMB show so bad, and cannot do that due to financial problems (one was seriously hit in his business by COVID).

What I am trying to say is, that youíre f***ing lucky to be able to go to a show and see this band. I live on the other side of the ocean and I am craving to see a DMB concert.
Of course I would catch every second of the show, Iíd come early and leave late, and enjoy it in any possible way you can enjoy a show.

I have just heard the stream of the Charlotte show, and to me, this is far from being an absolute flop. Setlist could have been better, but if you listen here and there, the band plays greatly. Tim is inspired as rarely was, the horns are back, and Buddy improves every year. I like the Sweet 2.0, I love Break for It, and this is not for granted.

Funny thing is that here on TDC almost everybody was extremely negative about this particular show, whereas on Ants Iíve seen all sort of comments. I say, letís put things in perspective. Tour has just begun.
Old 05-22-2022, 09:56 AM   #370
SeekUpAB
no new crap

When did the horns go anywhere?
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:00 AM   #371
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcacel View Post

Funny thing is that here on TDC almost everybody was extremely negative about this particular show, whereas on Ants Iíve seen all sort of comments. I say, letís put things in perspective. Tour has just begun.
In the last year or so, Ants has become the middle ground between TDC and DMBFamily. More balance, more diversity of opinions and fan histories, more content sharing, and actually much more insider info. If you actually still enjoy DMB, itís a better place to engage.
Old 05-22-2022, 10:01 AM   #372
Xcacel

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUpAB View Post
When did the horns go anywhere?

Sorry. The horns are back in the streams. Jeff was often turned down last year.
Old 05-22-2022, 10:04 AM   #373
Xcacel

Quote:
In the last year or so, Ants has become the middle ground between TDC and DMBFamily. More balance, more diversity of opinions and fan histories, more content sharing, and actually much more insider info. If you actually still enjoy DMB, itís a better place to engage.

There is a huge competence here, every day I learn new stuff. This doesnít necessarily need to be proportional with criticism
Old 05-22-2022, 10:25 AM   #374
cgator41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcacel View Post
There is a huge competence here, every day I learn new stuff. This doesn’t necessarily need to be proportional with criticism
Being a fan since the mid-90s and running a DMB website at that time, that's what I've always loved about this board. But lately, it's hard to take all of the negativity and oftentimes unwarranted criticism of everything they do.

Quote:
In the last year or so, Ants has become the middle ground between TDC and DMBFamily. More balance, more diversity of opinions and fan histories, more content sharing, and actually much more insider info. If you actually still enjoy DMB, it’s a better place to engage.
cgator41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:49 AM   #375
akleiner34

Quote:
Noted and thanks for the suggestion. The bits that get played out here, day after day show after show, arenít for me. Itís not just negativity - I want to be critical about the band and their sets and their sound - but the discussion here isnít that, itís just shitposting the same comments over and over.
akleiner34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:35 AM   #376
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Just seeing Tamby got his own video from Jeff on instagram

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:49 AM   #377
soups
Rashawn has to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Just seeing Tamby got his own video from Jeff on instagram

soups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 11:53 AM   #378
sean52692
You failed this band

Quote:
Lol I can imagine so much of those comments being totally bewildering from Jeffís perspective. Remember, he does not live in this TDC echo chamber where Rashawnís squeaking or band ownership or accent get brought up over and over and over again, or Carterís banging, or gimmicks like Thank You etc.

He also comes from a history of bands without this kind of rabid entitled aging fan base. Even the Flecktones I canít imagine anyone complaining about setlists like people do here.

And youíre in a losing situation with the subtlety argument. There has been plenty of subtlety in songs like Break for It, Dreaming Tree, WATM, Sweet, Crush, etc this tour.

Sad Comic Book Guy - love it.
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 03:54 PM   #379
Marcelino

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
yes.

And many posters

JFC. I remember her.
Marcelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 05:17 PM   #380
patsfan39

Quote:
Where's the troll? Their sound sucks. Several members left midset this tour. Everything I said was completely honest.
The comments about sexy MF were totally misplaced and you know it. You didnít speak respectfully even if you had legit points to make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive View Post
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

You have a point, but it's a stupid one.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc