These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2021, 10:23 AM   #29441
gweeps
homesick android

It's not that Ross is untalented. Of course he is. It's what he chooses to do with his instrument most of the time. Look at Beach Ball or his playing on Pig in 2018. Tasteful, no squealing at all. But then more often than not, he'll be the loudest person on stage. I don't get it. My theory is his weight prevents him from maintaining proper pitch or whatever.
Old 12-08-2021, 10:34 AM   #29442
TDunk

Yeah but he has hurt the band's sound no matter where his weight is on the fat rollercoaster.
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:46 AM   #29443
cgator41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
You don't need to be Berklee educated to know that he does more harm to the band's sound than good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
My theory is his weight prevents him from maintaining proper pitch or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDunk View Post
Yeah but he has hurt the band's sound no matter where his weight is on the fat rollercoaster.
Yeah. You guys are the reason his account his private.
cgator41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 12:03 PM   #29444
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgator41 View Post
All I said is he hurts the band's sound. If you think that's enough to make his social media private, then both of you need thicker skin.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:05 PM   #29445
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Hey, I'm not making fun of him. I'm asking a legitimate question regarding his health and how it might affect how he performs his job. He's barely older than me. I wouldn't want to see him keel over while playing.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:27 PM   #29446
Fan#41

We've had this discussion quite a few times over the last few years regarding the band and their social media accounts. I would hope no one here is dick-ish enough to try and be contentious with any band member on social media. It's a selfish thing to do. Your tweet or DM or whatever is not going to all-of-a-sudden revert the band's sound back to what you hoped it would be. I'm not thrilled with the brass-heavy direction they've taken over the last 14 years but I'm not going to make a point to directly tell someone in the band they suck or rip on their personal appearance (that has nothing to do with what you were inquiring about Gweeps, I've seen a few hurtful messages directed at him a years ago regarding weight, clothes, etc...).
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 12:40 PM   #29447
celluloid hero

Quote:
All I said is he hurts the band's sound. If you think that's enough to make his social media private, then both of you need thicker skin.
That's all you said and you said it here, but you are a reasonable human. Not all humans are, and worse people than you send him that stuff. It wasn't directly at you posting to Rashawn, but you also know that people do.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 01:02 PM   #29448
suicide kills
gutshot and bleeding

Quote:
You don't need to be Berklee educated to know that he does more harm to the band's sound than good.
suicide kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 01:03 PM   #29449
suicide kills
gutshot and bleeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDunk View Post
Fuck all the way off with this bullshit.
Old 12-08-2021, 02:01 PM   #29450
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
That's all you said and you said it here, but you are a reasonable human. Not all humans are, and worse people than you send him that stuff. It wasn't directly at you posting to Rashawn, but you also know that people do.
Fair enough.
Old 12-09-2021, 12:18 AM   #29451
TDunk

Quote:

Ha I would never tweet anything rude to any of them
Old 12-09-2021, 12:22 AM   #29452
TDunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicide kills View Post
Fuck all the way off with this bullshit.

What bullshit?
Old 12-09-2021, 01:48 AM   #29453
greykitkat36

The bigger point here is that Rashawn is over sensitive. If you’re going to be famous and in the public spotlight, haters and people being negative towards you is part of the job. It’s inevitable. People are miserable with their own lives, jealous, etc and take it out on those more fortunate. Every celebrity goes through it and Rashawn is probably a C List at best. If you can’t handle the heat, don’t be in the kitchen, so they say. I don’t agree with those assholes and I think it’s really crappy to comment negative crap like that on social meda, but those types of people are never going away.

Imagine if Rashawn was president..he’d quit before Inauguration Day.
Old 12-09-2021, 07:07 AM   #29454
cgator41

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
The bigger point here is that Rashawn is over sensitive. If you’re going to be famous and in the public spotlight, haters and people being negative towards you is part of the job. It’s inevitable. People are miserable with their own lives, jealous, etc and take it out on those more fortunate. Every celebrity goes through it and Rashawn is probably a C List at best. If you can’t handle the heat, don’t be in the kitchen, so they say. I don’t agree with those assholes and I think it’s really crappy to comment negative crap like that on social meda, but those types of people are never going away.

Imagine if Rashawn was president..he’d quit before Inauguration Day.
He has no obligation to interact with the fans. If he chooses only to converse with ones that are respectful to him and actually like his work, that seems like a smart and healthy thing to do.

It's better than shutting his accounts down completely, like Dave.
Old 12-09-2021, 10:48 AM   #29455
greykitkat36

Quote:
He has no obligation to interact with the fans. If he chooses only to converse with ones that are respectful to him and actually like his work, that seems like a smart and healthy thing to do.

It's better than shutting his accounts down completely, like Dave.
Usually the people who get worked about negative trolls are the people whose egos are the biggest though. Loving and acknowledging the cheers makes you vulnerable to the boos. He’s clearly not a humble guy at all, and I think that has a lot to do with why a lot of fans aren’t fond of him. The way he plays mixed with smug, entitled behavior.
Old 12-09-2021, 11:01 AM   #29456
cgator41

Quote:
Usually the people who get worked about negative trolls are the people whose egos are the biggest though. Loving and acknowledging the cheers makes you vulnerable to the boos. He’s clearly not a humble guy at all, and I think that has a lot to do with why a lot of fans aren’t fond of him. The way he plays mixed with smug, entitled behavior.
That is a good point. And I do agree that he doesn't do the best job of endearing himself to the fans.
Old 12-09-2021, 11:01 AM   #29457
Mersh

Quote:
The bigger point here is that Rashawn is over sensitive. If youíre going to be famous and in the public spotlight, haters and people being negative towards you is part of the job. Itís inevitable. People are miserable with their own lives, jealous, etc and take it out on those more fortunate. Every celebrity goes through it and Rashawn is probably a C List at best. If you canít handle the heat, donít be in the kitchen, so they say. I donít agree with those assholes and I think itís really crappy to comment negative crap like that on social meda, but those types of people are never going away.

Imagine if Rashawn was president..heíd quit before Inauguration Day.
I donít care for Rossís playing, but I donít see what is wrong here. He isnít attacking people right? Just not interacting with people shitting on him. Seems fine to me.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:29 PM   #29458
JoyRider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
I donít care for Rossís playing, but I donít see what is wrong here. He isnít attacking people right? Just not interacting with people shitting on him. Seems fine to me.
Totally agree. I feel bad even asking the question as to why his IG is private.
JoyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 02:08 PM   #29459
suicide kills
gutshot and bleeding

Quote:
The bigger point here is that Rashawn is over sensitive. If youíre going to be famous and in the public spotlight, haters and people being negative towards you is part of the job. Itís inevitable. People are miserable with their own lives, jealous, etc and take it out on those more fortunate. Every celebrity goes through it and Rashawn is probably a C List at best. If you canít handle the heat, donít be in the kitchen, so they say. I donít agree with those assholes and I think itís really crappy to comment negative crap like that on social meda, but those types of people are never going away.

Imagine if Rashawn was president..heíd quit before Inauguration Day.
Quote:
Usually the people who get worked about negative trolls are the people whose egos are the biggest though. Loving and acknowledging the cheers makes you vulnerable to the boos. Heís clearly not a humble guy at all, and I think that has a lot to do with why a lot of fans arenít fond of him. The way he plays mixed with smug, entitled behavior.
Old 12-09-2021, 02:09 PM   #29460
suicide kills
gutshot and bleeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Yep.

Love people who feel entitled to see his fucking Instagram calling him smug/entitled.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc