These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2022, 04:01 PM   #421
gweeps
homesick android

As we all know, the band's soul died with Roi. Shame Roi brought Ross onto the train. What was he thinking? Ross is the kid asking to pull the whistle all the time.
Old 05-26-2022, 09:33 AM   #422
nolan8or
@GreyStreetPod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcacel View Post
Dude, I swear I am not teasing you here, but to me Rashawn wasn’t even that bad. For example, I liked him on Crush
I'm with you on this. Crush is easily his best song. He sounds pretty great when he isn't trying to do too much. Proudest Monkey was a delight in ATL as well, he really excels on the muted trumpet. The only thing that I was noticeably offended by from the horn section was their playing in OSW. That song will never be the same without Roi.
nolan8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2022, 10:08 AM   #423
dmb2much40

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolan8or View Post
I'm with you on this. Crush is easily his best song. He sounds pretty great when he isn't trying to do too much. Proudest Monkey was a delight in ATL as well, he really excels on the muted trumpet. The only thing that I was noticeably offended by from the horn section was their playing in OSW. That song will never be the same without Roi.
Just posted the same thing in another thread about OSW. And I also agree his muted trumpet work is good. Heís good on proudest and spaceman too. Crush is fine, though I think itís dragging on a few minutes too long and could be tightened up.
Old 05-26-2022, 12:04 PM   #424
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
I think ive realized my thing with Rashawn is that he goes for high notes and misses them. Like hes just trying to do things that he consistently doesnt execute.You dont always have to go to the highest note you can play, just play something tasteful not something technically impressive.

Also, his bit on Warehouse annoys me. Like the climax is supposed to be 'thats our blood down there' not him squealing in the highest register he can. Like he totally takes the dynamics out of the tune and many others.
Boom.

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc