These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2022, 10:54 PM   #29601
gweeps
homesick android

Hey, Dr. Michael Osterholm mentioned and read the lyrics to When I'm Weary at the end of his recent podcast as a "pep talk" to cheer up listeners. Seems many folks requested it for his "Closing thoughts" section.
Old 01-06-2022, 11:11 PM   #29602
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Not sure if there’s a D&T Mexico thread but this is relevant. Dead and Company had Covid cases in their lineup and canceled the whole thing while fans were already at the resorts. Wow.
DMB at the Gorge was a dream compared to this nightmare.

[Only registered users can see links.]
Those who arrived today are getting a full refund however, so a free vacation. Not a bad situation if you ask me.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 11:30 PM   #29603
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
Those who arrived today are getting a full refund however, so a free vacation. Not a bad situation if you ask me.
I guess. I wouldn’t call it free though considering guests paid their own airfare, which is a significant chunk of the cost. Free stay at the resort itself though. For those who went just to party, I guess that’s alright, but if this was DMB, and this happened to me, I would still consider this a loss and a huge bummer. That being said, 3 days at a Mexican all-inclusive is low on my list of vacation preferences.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 12:43 AM   #29604
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

That’s really shitty. That’s class action lawsuit territory
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 12:43 AM   #29605
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
I guess. I wouldn’t call it free though considering guests paid their own airfare, which is a significant chunk of the cost. Free stay at the resort itself though. For those who went just to party, I guess that’s alright, but if this was DMB, and this happened to me, I would still consider this a loss and a huge bummer. That being said, 3 days at a Mexican all-inclusive is low on my list of vacation preferences.
Yeah man come to Thailand
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 09:21 AM   #29606
patsfan39

Quote:
Not sure if there’s a D&T Mexico thread but this is relevant. Dead and Company had Covid cases in their lineup and canceled the whole thing while fans were already at the resorts. Wow.
DMB at the Gorge was a dream compared to this nightmare.

Its not exactly the same situation though. First Billy Kreutzmann dropped out for medical reasons last week, then John Mayer had a positive COVID test on like wednesday and they had replacements lined up for both. They are also in Mexico and they have offered a free mexico trip to everyone in this first set of shows if they want to still go to the Half Moon Resort. Thats a pretty nice offer if you ask me, all inclusive Mexico vacation for free? I dont know if DMB refunding me the ticket prices at the gorge would have been nearly the same thing. It seems to me like Omicron overwhelmed the DeadCo crew and there was just way too many people with positive cases, not just carter and stefan (and i assume a few other crew guys too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive View Post
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

You have a point, but it's a stupid one.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 09:32 AM   #29607
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
Its not exactly the same situation though. First Billy Kreutzmann dropped out for medical reasons last week, then John Mayer had a positive COVID test on like wednesday and they had replacements lined up for both. They are also in Mexico and they have offered a free mexico trip to everyone in this first set of shows if they want to still go to the Half Moon Resort. Thats a pretty nice offer if you ask me, all inclusive Mexico vacation for free? I dont know if DMB refunding me the ticket prices at the gorge would have been nearly the same thing. It seems to me like Omicron overwhelmed the DeadCo crew and there was just way too many people with positive cases, not just carter and stefan (and i assume a few other crew guys too).
Oh yeah, totally different scenario for sure. The free resort costs is about as good an offer as they can give. Definitely commend them on that. For me personally though, if I was one of the people already at the resort and found out this news, I think it would still ruin the vacation. The shows would be the entire point of going for me. I would see it as going to a really good tailgate for 3 days without the actual shows at night.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 10:45 AM   #29608
JamSession v2.0
I've made a huge mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Hey, Dr. Michael Osterholm mentioned and read the lyrics to When I'm Weary at the end of his recent podcast as a "pep talk" to cheer up listeners. Seems many folks requested it for his "Closing thoughts" section.
Old 01-08-2022, 10:57 AM   #29609
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
Its not exactly the same situation though. First Billy Kreutzmann dropped out for medical reasons last week, then John Mayer had a positive COVID test on like wednesday and they had replacements lined up for both.
Who was going to step in for mayer? Jerry hologram?

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:58 AM   #29610
gweeps
homesick android

It just hit me. DMB really went from Everyday to Stand Up, obviously with two brief detours to rerecord most of the LWS and work on the 2004 songs and the SD songs they ultimately rejected. What a fall off a cliff. I mean, compare most of the songs from Lws, Some Devil and 2004 with Everyday and Stand Up (not counting the mangled 2004 songs released).

Oh yeah, and Loving Wings came out in 2002.
Old 01-08-2022, 12:54 PM   #29611
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Who was going to step in for mayer? Jerry hologram?
Actually it was one of the guys on the dead co message boards. He never met anyone in the band and has no pre existing chemistry with any of them but he has a really cool silver sky guitar just like John. Someone mentioned he was learning guitar to Bobby about 6 years ago when he was at an airport in Chile so they called him.

It was actually Tom Hamilton from JRAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive View Post
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

You have a point, but it's a stupid one.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 02:16 PM   #29612
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

I really wanted to hear Hamilton with them. Bummer.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 06:33 AM   #29613
gweeps
homesick android

Dave's 55 today. Wow. I remember watching his Today Show performance back in 2004 where they presented him with a cake. Good versions of Some Devil and Stay or Leave.

Old 01-10-2022, 09:35 AM   #29614
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Dave's 55 today. Wow. I remember watching his Today Show performance back in 2004 where they presented him with a cake. Good versions of Some Devil and Stay or Leave.

55 and singing Can't Stop vs. Sugar Will. Party Band vs. musical integrity.
ggies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 10:11 AM   #29615
ThememanXX

To be fair, Sugar Will was a staple in '19.
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 10:18 AM   #29616
ggies
Sugar Will '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
To be fair, Sugar Will was a staple in '19.
ggies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 12:58 PM   #29617
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Quote:

How good does that guitar sound on stay or leave? I know we’ve all discussed it but those rockbridge guitars are so dull sounding.
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:48 PM   #29618
soups
Rashawn has to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshea999 View Post
How good does that guitar sound on stay or leave? I know we’ve all discussed it but those rockbridge guitars are so dull sounding.
And its intonation is good on the raised B tuning. The Rockbridge's intonation is off badly - anything Dave plays up the neck on the Rockbridge raised B guitar sounds off. I know there's craftsmanship involved with those instruments, but it's objectively clear that the Taylors sounded better in pretty much every setting. I own seven boutique guitars and I've yet to hear anything remotely like any of Dave's Rockbridge's. They simply don't sound good.
soups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 01:32 AM   #29619
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by soups View Post
And its intonation is good on the raised B tuning. The Rockbridge's intonation is off badly - anything Dave plays up the neck on the Rockbridge raised B guitar sounds off. I know there's craftsmanship involved with those instruments, but it's objectively clear that the Taylors sounded better in pretty much every setting. I own seven boutique guitars and I've yet to hear anything remotely like any of Dave's Rockbridge's. They simply don't sound good.
Is he tone deaf? Or is it simple solidarity with a friend? He's gotta know they sound bad. Or at least different? Maybe nobody has the balls to tell him?
Old 01-11-2022, 02:03 AM   #29620
Xcacel

Quote:
Is he tone deaf? Or is it simple solidarity with a friend? He's gotta know they sound bad. Or at least different? Maybe nobody has the balls to tell him?

Dave Matthews and Brian Calhoun are simply great friends.
And for him it is probably one guitar like the others

Xcacel is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc