These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2019, 11:47 AM   #24221
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 16,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
(They should let you pick more)
Yes.
__________________
Itís all a load of bullocks, and bullocks to it all.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:20 PM   #24222
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,907
Thanks everyone. I don't know anything about anything right now.

I was nervous about that pick because it wasn't a super well-known show. But like LT47, I figured they would get to the super well-known shows because of various recommendations they get, so I wanted something that would never get picked if I didn't pick it. I really wanted a '99, but the guidelines were that it was a Deer Creek release. Admittedly 6.24.99 has been one of my #1 shows since that night, so it was the leader in the clubhouse, but I listened to every Deer Creek show from 1997 - 2002 from the perspective of release. I wished that 6.22.99 and 6.22.00 were selectable but whoever said in the other thread that the skree jokes are over-exaggerated, well - they are not over-exaggerated. I couldn't hit send on them. I thought 6.23 would be too similar to LT16, even with the great Recently, but again Boyd was so bad all show. So then it came down to 8.9.98 vs. 6.24.99 and I really wanted the Wynona, Granny and Drive In out there and honing in on Roi throughout the final listen of the AUD 6.24 locked it in. Never really seriously considered the 2002. Great shows, but felt those didn't have the "hidden gem" feel to them.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 12:22 PM   #24223
Aparker507
 
Aparker507's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Personally, I think a friendship with Henry trumps the shit out of 5 minutes with Carter. That is a seriously cool opportunity behind the curtain and far more valuable.
Wholly agree. Carter would be a one and done thing with me saying nothing that he hasn't already heard a million times.

With Henry, it's more of a friendship now that it's been years of chatting and being back with him. Heck I help him out occasionally with finding stuff for the drums, and he hooks me up with gloves and sticks. I've said it before, but I'll never take that for granted. I feel extremely lucky. He's the best. Amazing he took the time for little Ole me, but I value it so much.
Aparker507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:15 PM   #24224
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,154
Got some money for my birthday this past weekend and want to catch up on buying some Live Trax releases, does anybody know if there are promo codes out there for a discount/free shipping/something before I order these? Every little bit helps these days...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 01:18 PM   #24225
DMBCLSTJ
 
DMBCLSTJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by batleon View Post
Got some money for my birthday this past weekend and want to catch up on buying some Live Trax releases, does anybody know if there are promo codes out there for a discount/free shipping/something before I order these? Every little bit helps these days...
I'm probably not much help but for black friday every year they seem to be doing a 25% discount on most of the LiveTrax shows excluding anything that is new (within the same year typically)

You can save a bunch by doing that.
__________________
Originally Posted by Jayes
If he just lays down two full elbow chords loudly over the entirety of That Girl Is You, he wins the band.
DMBCLSTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 03:15 PM   #24226
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
I'm probably not much help but for black friday every year they seem to be doing a 25% discount on most of the LiveTrax shows excluding anything that is new (within the same year typically)

You can save a bunch by doing that.
Eh that's 6 months away but I waited this long on some of them so maybe not a bad idea ha.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 04:56 PM   #24227
NewAgedNerd
 
NewAgedNerd's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Thanks everyone. I don't know anything about anything right now.

I was nervous about that pick because it wasn't a super well-known show. But like LT47, I figured they would get to the super well-known shows because of various recommendations they get, so I wanted something that would never get picked if I didn't pick it. I really wanted a '99, but the guidelines were that it was a Deer Creek release. Admittedly 6.24.99 has been one of my #1 shows since that night, so it was the leader in the clubhouse, but I listened to every Deer Creek show from 1997 - 2002 from the perspective of release. I wished that 6.22.99 and 6.22.00 were selectable but whoever said in the other thread that the skree jokes are over-exaggerated, well - they are not over-exaggerated. I couldn't hit send on them. I thought 6.23 would be too similar to LT16, even with the great Recently, but again Boyd was so bad all show. So then it came down to 8.9.98 vs. 6.24.99 and I really wanted the Wynona, Granny and Drive In out there and honing in on Roi throughout the final listen of the AUD 6.24 locked it in. Never really seriously considered the 2002. Great shows, but felt those didn't have the "hidden gem" feel to them.

LT34 is an all time favorite for me, thanks a ton man!!
NewAgedNerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:51 PM   #24228
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!
 
Rowsdower's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Thanks everyone. I don't know anything about anything right now.

I was nervous about that pick because it wasn't a super well-known show. But like LT47, I figured they would get to the super well-known shows because of various recommendations they get, so I wanted something that would never get picked if I didn't pick it. I really wanted a '99, but the guidelines were that it was a Deer Creek release. Admittedly 6.24.99 has been one of my #1 shows since that night, so it was the leader in the clubhouse, but I listened to every Deer Creek show from 1997 - 2002 from the perspective of release. I wished that 6.22.99 and 6.22.00 were selectable but whoever said in the other thread that the skree jokes are over-exaggerated, well - they are not over-exaggerated. I couldn't hit send on them. I thought 6.23 would be too similar to LT16, even with the great Recently, but again Boyd was so bad all show. So then it came down to 8.9.98 vs. 6.24.99 and I really wanted the Wynona, Granny and Drive In out there and honing in on Roi throughout the final listen of the AUD 6.24 locked it in. Never really seriously considered the 2002. Great shows, but felt those didn't have the "hidden gem" feel to them.
Wow, you were the one who made the Live Trax 34 pick? That's an amazing story. And thank you a bunch for that pick; it's an awesome show. We need more releases like that.
__________________
-Jeff
Rowsdower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 10:58 PM   #24229
DIDO36
 
DIDO36's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Starkville, MS
Posts: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Thanks everyone. I don't know anything about anything right now.

I was nervous about that pick because it wasn't a super well-known show. But like LT47, I figured they would get to the super well-known shows because of various recommendations they get, so I wanted something that would never get picked if I didn't pick it. I really wanted a '99, but the guidelines were that it was a Deer Creek release. Admittedly 6.24.99 has been one of my #1 shows since that night, so it was the leader in the clubhouse, but I listened to every Deer Creek show from 1997 - 2002 from the perspective of release. I wished that 6.22.99 and 6.22.00 were selectable but whoever said in the other thread that the skree jokes are over-exaggerated, well - they are not over-exaggerated. I couldn't hit send on them. I thought 6.23 would be too similar to LT16, even with the great Recently, but again Boyd was so bad all show. So then it came down to 8.9.98 vs. 6.24.99 and I really wanted the Wynona, Granny and Drive In out there and honing in on Roi throughout the final listen of the AUD 6.24 locked it in. Never really seriously considered the 2002. Great shows, but felt those didn't have the "hidden gem" feel to them.
One of my favorite releases. Nice pick man!!
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:17 AM   #24230
batleon
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MA by way of RI
Posts: 15,154
Yeah 34 is an awesome release. When LT47 was released Jack was talking about a time capsule with one release from every year '95 through '00 and had Listener Supported in the '99 slot, but for me I'd give it to LT34.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
LET THE ALMANAC PICK SONGS / LIVE TRAX.
batleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 09:29 AM   #24231
soright05
 
soright05's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 9,010
looks like shows are back on Sirius XM
soright05 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:23 PM   #24232
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 17,920
LT34 is definitely a top 5 release for me.
__________________
Currently listening to:
5/14/19, Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines, IA
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 04:05 PM   #24233
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,907
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:10 PM   #24234
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 22,395
I wonder if they’ll release any new shows on the Fridays without live ones. They did it last year.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 12:27 PM   #24235
klillyblad
 
klillyblad's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 360
Found a different source for Dave solo 5/26/12 on etree than the one I already had. Here's a [Only registered users can see links.] if anyone is interested.

Quote:
Dave Matthews solo
Greenwich town party
Greenwich, CT
May 26, 2012

Source: DPA4061's > battery box > Sony M10
Location:Center stage about 25' back mic's at 6'
Recorded, edited and seeded by Michael Buzzeo

1 set

01 Stay or leave
02 Save me
03 You and me
04 Crush
05 Whiter shade of pale
06 So damn lucky

This was a surprise unscheduled 30 minute acoustic set by
Dave Matthews at the GTP. He was scheduled to play with the
DMB later that night in Hartford, CT.
__________________
Kim
klillyblad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 08:57 PM   #24236
sean52692
You failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 17,920
^Hey, why not? Downloading now for some weekend listening. Need some Dave solo on my phone. Thanks!
__________________
Currently listening to:
5/14/19, Wells Fargo Arena, Des Moines, IA
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:12 AM   #24237
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by klillyblad View Post
Found a different source for Dave solo 5/26/12 on etree than the one I already had. Here's a [Only registered users can see links.] if anyone is interested.
Interesting though I donít remember Daveís voice being in good shape at all in 2012, not sure Iím excited to listen to it.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM   #24238
Steveo Style
 
Steveo Style's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 4,239
I think his voice was manageable in 2012. I think the truly rough years were 2005 and 2016.
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.15674 seconds with 18 queries