These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 10:20 PM   #19341
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 8,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
I'm listening to 5/20/16. This is some of the first DMB 3.0 I've listened to in awhile, because of LT42 and Live25 (which has very little 3.0). After the run of WWYS, Break Free, LIOG, Last Stop and Crash, I forgot I was listening to such recent DMB. This show has a lot of old-school stuff, performed really really solidly.
2016 was really solid. A huge turnaround and comeback from '14 and '15 which most of us found very predictable and underwhelming. I really like '16 a lot, I would put it up there with '13 and '10, probably the 4th best year under 3.0 to me. They busted out a lot of stuff early on in the tour and the setlists were really much more varied and interesting. I saw some of the best DMB shows I've attended in 2016 and having those new songs really made everything feel fresh and normal again..and it helped that Samurai Cop and Bismarck were both fairly decent.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:55 PM   #19342
Tomacco
 
Tomacco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 20,495
Listening to Grace is Gone from the acoustic set of 7/31/15. Rashawn has an extended solo on the end jam like Roi used to. He's using the muted trumpet though. Honestly, that guy should solely play muted trumpet. His solos and the sound are so so much better and more soulful-sounding. That's why his best solos are usually on the likes of Spaceman and Proudest Monkey. Also, listening to The Stone here from this acoustic set - Jeff owns The Stone. Sorry, Roi. I'll never forget listening to that opening Stone from Jeff's first show filling in for Roi. Mindblowing. Made a huge statement with that performance. In fact, would not mind that 7/1/08 version being released.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:55 PM   #19343
dmb4uandme
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 92
So DMB posted on Facebook about the stuff going on on CVille. And since they were already logged into social media - decided to pimp the Dave and Tim shows in Mexico on twitter at the same time.
dmb4uandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 06:12 PM   #19344
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 12,429
Yuck. Bad taste there.
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:57 PM   #19345
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb4uandme View Post
So DMB posted on Facebook about the stuff going on on CVille. And since they were already logged into social media - decided to pimp the Dave and Tim shows in Mexico on twitter at the same time.
The promotional stuff on Twitter gets scheduled through services like Hootsuite. Maybe someone should have checked the scheduled tweets vs. the Facebook post, but you could see how that wouldn't happen right? Especially in different social media streams. Through anything anyone can say bad about them, you can give them the benefit of the doubt on caring about local awareness and violence. We've all been with them long enough to not question their intent on something like this right?
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:07 AM   #19346
NiCK Crush
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 46,450
I was gonna say, that was almost certainly a scheduled tweet.

As for the statement on what is going on in Charlottesville, I thought it was extremely well said and heartfelt.
__________________
NC
NiCK Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:08 AM   #19347
Jack
Grand Army of Letters
 
Jack's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Stage Roi
Posts: 20,655
What was the statement for those not on fb?
__________________
Aims To Try
jack@thesedayscontinue.org

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:29 AM   #19348
mja271
 
mja271's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CT
Posts: 8,091
Dave Matthews Band is heartbroken and disgusted by the acts of racism, violence, and domestic terrorism in our hometown this weekend. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families of these hateful acts. This is not the Charlottesville we know and love; we will work hard, hand-in-hand with our community to help us all heal from this sickening display of hate. Hate speech disguised as free speech is cowardly and shameful. Such speech gives permission to the hateful acts we witnessed today; there is nothing pure or acceptable, or philosophical about Nazism and racism masked as heritage or cultural purity. The multicultural tapestry of America need to come together, acknowledge our difficult history and set out to move directly away from it toward an inclusive, kinder, more intelligent future.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Paul Bearer was Kane's father, but not Undertaker's. Taker killed his parents in a funeral home fire, but Bearer knocked up Undertaker's mom with Kane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
This is the most absurd post I've ever made on a message board.
mja271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 09:29 AM   #19349
somf4eva
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,778
Thanks for reposting
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaLaKaS View Post
The band is just jerking off on our faces right now...and I am proud to be a dirty whore.
somf4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:46 AM   #19350
Derek
hi there
 
Derek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Burbank, CA
Posts: 3,437
Do not read the comments to that statement. A lot of hateful "fans" out there.
__________________
-Derek
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:50 AM   #19351
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 22,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by mja271 View Post
Dave Matthews Band is heartbroken and disgusted by the acts of racism, violence, and domestic terrorism in our hometown this weekend. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families of these hateful acts. This is not the Charlottesville we know and love; we will work hard, hand-in-hand with our community to help us all heal from this sickening display of hate. Hate speech disguised as free speech is cowardly and shameful. Such speech gives permission to the hateful acts we witnessed today; there is nothing pure or acceptable, or philosophical about Nazism and racism masked as heritage or cultural purity. The multicultural tapestry of America need to come together, acknowledge our difficult history and set out to move directly away from it toward an inclusive, kinder, more intelligent future.
Excellently & meaningfully worded.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:53 AM   #19352
cgator41
Johnny Mac
 
cgator41's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Maybe someone should have checked the scheduled tweets vs. the Facebook post, but you could see how that wouldn't happen right? Especially in different social media streams. Through anything anyone can say bad about them, you can give them the benefit of the doubt on caring about local awareness and violence. We've all been with them long enough to not question their intent on something like this right?
Definitely. I'm sure that's what happened.
cgator41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 12:17 PM   #19353
SeekUpAB
 
SeekUpAB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,620
I can't imagine even giving the Mexico post a second thought. You were really offended by that?
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:12 PM   #19354
d.m.bfan222
Nothing beats BTCS
 
d.m.bfan222's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,800
Stefan chiming in:

[Only registered users can see links.]
d.m.bfan222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 04:30 PM   #19355
SeekUpAB
 
SeekUpAB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,620
In the most petty way possible He's been on a roll lately.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #19356
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 22,291
I'd ask him what about Roi but I don't have the heart.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:40 PM   #19357
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUpAB View Post
I can't imagine even giving the Mexico post a second thought. You were really offended by that?
It's one of 90 posts in over 5 years. So probably.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 06:48 PM   #19358
SeekUpAB
 
SeekUpAB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,620
Glad they remembered their login so they could alert us.
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:16 PM   #19359
Christopher James
 
Christopher James's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 7,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK Crush View Post
DMB could play 230+ different songs and someone would still be bitching on here the next day for the lack of the third Grey Street verse.
That verse is important...
__________________
Making up for lost time.
Christopher James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:03 AM   #19360
italy8384
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.m.bfan222 View Post
Stefan chiming in:

[Only registered users can see links.]
Glad he has his priorities straight during tragedies.
italy8384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.14247 seconds with 19 queries