These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2017, 04:44 PM   #1
LIOGwhat

Create your own DMB Live 25 Vol. 2!

With how enjoyable this DMB Live 25 has been...I have been giving DMB more listens lately than i have in quite sometime (and there were many, many years of my life where DMB absolutely dominated all of the music I played!)

Got me thinking...with all the Warehouse CDs we have, it'd be fun to create a DMB Live 25 Vol. 2 (so many gems on those discs over the years but also many duds).

So if you are interested, go ahead and make your own (using WH tracks or any other live bonus track material ie. haiti relief EP, companion to stand up, etc.) DMB Live 25 Vol. 2 and post your list here.

Still working on mine but stay tuned!
LIOGwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 07:21 PM   #2
cryfreedom09

I like this idea. I need some time to work on it, but this should be fun.
cryfreedom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:25 PM   #3
Habbs
Organic

I'd be more interested in creating it from previously unreleased performances. You know, like DMB Live 25 is? Still not a bad idea to make it from already released performances, I just think the spirit of "DMB Live 25 Vol. 2" should be in the same vein as what the vinyl release is.
Old 08-19-2017, 09:36 AM   #4
somf4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbs View Post
I'd be more interested in creating it from previously unreleased performances. You know, like DMB Live 25 is? Still not a bad idea to make it from already released performances, I just think the spirit of "DMB Live 25 Vol. 2" should be in the same vein as what the vinyl release is.
yea, i agree. would be fun to make a volume 2 of unreleased tunes.
somf4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 11:01 AM   #5
LIOGwhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbs View Post
I hear ya and i for sure hope they do another release like this at some point (although if they are going on anniversaries, we would be waiting quite a bit for another)...just trying to work with what we have already.

For me it was more of a fun exercise in taking the boat load of individual live tracks that we have, weed out the crap, and string together 25 favorites in a playlist in the same vein as the recent release.
LIOGwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:26 AM   #6
greykitkat36

Bismarck
Bob Law
Plastic Girl
Virginia In The Rain
Samurai Cop
Buena
Don't Fear The Reaper
You Won't See Me
Friend Of The Devil

How about that for a start? I think it'd be cool if they do a release with just all of the band's cover songs or a release where every single track has a guest appearance. That would make for a really nice listen.
Old 08-27-2017, 02:48 AM   #7
greykitkat36

Send this one to the WH management...this would be a really fun release to listen to and to have. I'd buy it in a heartbeat

DMB Live 30---The Guests

01 Love Of My Life (05.25.99 Giants Stadium w/ Chester Thompson, Bela Fleck, Carlos Santana, Lovely Ladies)
02 #36 (07.27.93 w/ Oteil Burbridge, Doug Wannamaker, Mike Durham)
02 Long Black Veil (09.04.00 w/ Emmylou Harris/Bela Fleck)
03 Exodus (12.13.00 w/ Warren Haynes)
04 Rhyme and Reason (07.16.16 w/ Joe Lawlor)
05 Typical Situation (07.31.15 w/ Branford Marsalis)
06 #41 (10.02.07 w/ John Mayer)
07 Jimi Thing (01.26.95 w/ Trey Anastasio)
08 Crush (06.03.98 w/ Mitch Rutman)
09 Smooth Rider (07.28.06 w/ Eric Krasno)
10 Angel (07.07.01 w/ Buddy Guy)
11 Two Step (06.12.94 w/ Warren Haynes)
12 Rockin' In The Free World (10.03.04 w/ Neil Young)
13 Lie In Our Graves (08.14.07 w/ Trey Anastasio)...................this one is long overdue, really surprised it hasn't popped up on a WH disc by now. Dave even mentioned that specific performance in an interview before about how he loved Trey's playing so much on that one night.

and of course you can throw in a track with Robert Randolph and some other notable guests, but those ones are all pretty unique versions of songs

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc