These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 01:04 PM   #681
Rowsdower
TIMING FREE!

I hope we get some news about this soon, just so we can know either way.
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM   #682
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
I hope we get some news about this soon, just so we can know either way.
There's no way in hell this tour is happening, honestly.
And they can't postpone it unless it's to 2021, because most of the venues don't operate in Fall/Winter. I could imagine them cancelling this whole tour, and doing a Fall tour instead though with arenas.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM   #683
DMBCLSTJ

LN is holding tight on its large tours. (DMB, Lumineers, Buffett, etc.) There are so many moving parts right now, and changes day to day, nobody knows what is going to happen. They have a few options, nobody knows which route they will go.
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM   #684
greykitkat36

Canceling and refunding people their money back is something that seems relativley quick and easy to do, so I'm sure they're waiting until the last possible minute to decide to actually do that. I think if we're not going to be opened up by mid-May, then I'd think they'd pull the trigger, but right now, all we know is that April 30th deadline. If we somehow open things up May 1st, the tours that start in June could still happen. I agree that's being overly optimistic. I have a few friends that work for LN so I'm going to inquire.

For instance, Styx just rescheduled their April dates for June already. I could see just shows in the Tri-State area getting canceled or postponed potentially, but we'll see.
Old Yesterday, 02:16 PM   #685
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Canceling and refunding people their money back is something that seems relativley quick and easy to do, so I'm sure they're waiting until the last possible minute to decide to actually do that. I think if we're not going to be opened up by mid-May, then I'd think they'd pull the trigger, but right now, all we know is that April 30th deadline. If we somehow open things up May 1st, the tours that start in June could still happen. I agree that's being overly optimistic. I have a few friends that work for LN so I'm going to inquire.
Virginia is closed until June 10.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:18 PM   #686
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Virginia is closed until June 10.
Yeah I saw that, but he can change those guidelines at any point. DMB's tour doesn't start until June 13 though, and in Connecticut. I could see those shows getting moved, especially because it's an indoor venue.
Old Yesterday, 02:21 PM   #687
greykitkat36

So LN friend says almost all tours are getting rescheduled, most not canceled. Outdoor venues would be rescheduled for 2021, with people not needing to buy new tickets, and any shows that are indoor can be rescheduled for October-January depending on priority and first come first serve basis.

So yeah, I can definitley see DMB doing a Fall tour instead and moving shows like Mohegan and any other indoor venues into that timeframe, if they can do it. The problem is you're gonna have hundreds of bands competing for the same venues in the same timeframe, gonna be a shitshow.
Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM   #688
DMBCLSTJ

What an interesting/crazy time to be a tour manager right now. I can't imagine the complexities they are facing at the moment.
Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM   #689
willndmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Canceling and refunding people their money back is something that seems relativley quick and easy to do
Easy and fast if they want too.
Trey cancelled 3/24 and TM stated refunds would be within a months time
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM   #690
Steveo Style

And we can watch Phish tonight too
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:11 PM   #691
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Battleship Champion! Beer Dude 2 Champion! Space Invaders Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMBCLSTJ View Post
What an interesting/crazy time to be a tour manager right now. I can't imagine the complexities they are facing at the moment.
Might mean some unique venues for artists. Iíd like to see isbell in Denver again but not at red rocks. (Red rocks is awesome but it has issues too). Would be cool to see him somewhere smaller, for example
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM   #692
greykitkat36

Soooo...Phish is dropping a new studio album tomorrow, streaming the whole thing live on Sirius, Facebook and their website tomorrow at 9. Just more of DMB dropping the ball on these opportunities.
Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM   #693
soright05

Sucks DMB would never do anything this cool
soright05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:37 PM   #694
celluloid hero

DMB probably wasn’t in the studio in a November recording an album that’s ready to drop tomorrow, either.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM   #695
soright05

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
DMB probably wasnít in the studio in a November recording an album thatís ready to drop tomorrow, either.
Iím sure they could slap something together haha
soright05 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc