These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2017, 10:22 PM   #21361
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 6,215
it was .50 Desert Eagle

__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:51 AM   #21362
sean52692
You have failed this band
 
sean52692's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wheaton, IL
Posts: 15,969
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
This is retarded. [Only registered users can see links.]
Christ. Gun safety is a MUST. I really have no sympathy for those who don't follow the twelve golden rules at all times. Number four or five is DON'T POINT THE GUN AT ANYTHING YOU DON'T INTEND TO DESTROY!
sean52692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 03:58 PM   #21363
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 6,215
So I heard my new favorite insult today.

As you may be aware, I work at a hotel. And like probably 99% of all hotels in America, we require a credit card to check in. Cannot pay cash at checkin.

Guy walks in off the street and asks for a room. I tell him the rate and he pulls out a wad of cash. I told him that we have to have a credit card to check in. he just goes "no you don't" and starts to hand me some money.

I told him "Sir, I can't give you keys to a room without a valid credit card"

He goes "look, I can give you a picture of my dads credit card, will that work?" (dude is in his 40s btw).

"No, the card needs to be presented at check in, or we need an authorization form"

Guy "Well why the fuck didn't you say that in the beginning?! I'll call my dad and he'll sort this out!"

so he picks up the phone and starts talking to someone. He just goes "Well I don't know who this guy thinks he is, but he won't take my cash. I think it's because hes GAY!"

I just went "Ok sir, I'm not gonna be talked to that way. You need to leave immediately"

"Fuck you buddy, I'll hang out here all day if I want"

"you have 3 seconds to leave or I'm calling the police. Get out"

"you pussy! I'm gonna drag you out in the parking lot and kick your ass!"

*dials 911*

"the police!? You should be calling the GAY POLICE!"

and off he went
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:54 PM   #21364
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,029
Oh shit, that was you?
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 05:43 PM   #21365
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 22,156
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 08:40 PM   #21366
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 11,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Oh shit, that was you?
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 10:17 PM   #21367
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 6,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayes View Post
Oh shit, that was you?
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:50 PM   #21368
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
 
Wildcats82's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 6,215
well I woke up at 7:30 and panicked because I thought I was late for work. Nope it was 7:30 PM. I think I over did it on my 4th of July celebrations.
__________________
DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1434
Wildcats82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 08:22 AM   #21369
RageATL
The Dude abides
 
RageATL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
So I heard my new favorite insult today.

As you may be aware, I work at a hotel. And like probably 99% of all hotels in America, we require a credit card to check in. Cannot pay cash at checkin.

Guy walks in off the street and asks for a room. I tell him the rate and he pulls out a wad of cash. I told him that we have to have a credit card to check in. he just goes "no you don't" and starts to hand me some money.

I told him "Sir, I can't give you keys to a room without a valid credit card"

He goes "look, I can give you a picture of my dads credit card, will that work?" (dude is in his 40s btw).

"No, the card needs to be presented at check in, or we need an authorization form"

Guy "Well why the fuck didn't you say that in the beginning?! I'll call my dad and he'll sort this out!"

so he picks up the phone and starts talking to someone. He just goes "Well I don't know who this guy thinks he is, but he won't take my cash. I think it's because hes GAY!"

I just went "Ok sir, I'm not gonna be talked to that way. You need to leave immediately"

"Fuck you buddy, I'll hang out here all day if I want"

"you have 3 seconds to leave or I'm calling the police. Get out"

"you pussy! I'm gonna drag you out in the parking lot and kick your ass!"

*dials 911*

"the police!? You should be calling the GAY POLICE!"

and off he went
Wow, that is just unreal.
__________________
"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

My DMB Almanac: http://dmbalmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=576
RageATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:42 PM   #21370
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 12,303
God damn power got knocked out by a storm this afternoon, and it's still out. At least the storm cooled things off for the rest of the day.
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:11 PM   #21371
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 22,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
God damn power got knocked out by a storm this afternoon, and it's still out. At least the storm cooled things off for the rest of the day.
My Dad recently had his power off for a couple days. Storm blew over a tree nearby his house. Despite having a couple of small generators, it's still an inconvenience. He lives in the sticks, and the sump pump shut off so his basement flooded. Nothing new, but an inconvenience to start a weekend for sure. At least my brother and a sister were able to help him out. He's not an invalid, but he is in his mid-60s, so it's nice to have people around to lend a helping hand.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 01:26 PM   #21372
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue
 
Tambourine Man's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: behind the miller's shed
Posts: 12,080
^ if you've ever worked in service, that kind of stuff is pretty common
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #21373
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 12,303
Power just came back after about 26 hours off. Thankfully our neighbors got a generator and let us run an extension cord from our refrigerator, so aside from some ice cream that looks to be a lost cause, we seem to have gotten by pretty much unscathed. Pretty sweaty and smelly, though.
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 05:54 PM   #21374
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Kettering, OH
Posts: 12,303
So, the Chinese have teleported a photon from the Gobi desert into orbit. This seems kind of like a gigantic thing to have happened.

[Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
Hi.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 06:04 PM   #21375
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 22,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
So, the Chinese have teleported a photon from the Gobi desert into orbit. This seems kind of like a gigantic thing to have happened.

[Only registered users can see links.]
I saw that.

gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.13635 seconds with 18 queries