These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2021, 10:35 AM   #1581
willndmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDO36 View Post
[Only registered users can see links.]

Panic has new dates for 2021. I don’t give a shit if dmb doesn’t play a single show in 2021. Panic is all I need to get my concert fix. Please let this actually happen. I’m hearing more panic rumors too that are closer to my area.
And in NYC which as everyone knows is one of the hardest “locked down” areas
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:43 AM   #1582
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
Someone get DIDO to a concert or go play guitar in his front yard or something.

Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 11:57 AM   #1583
JamSession v2.0
I've made a huge mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan#41 View Post
Carter and Tim will be 64 this fall. Has Carter ever talked about how he preps physically for a tour?
I've been wondering about this, too. Carter and Tim are older than my dad - I wonder how they're holding up.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:15 PM   #1584
Caveat Emperor
The Flyin' Lions

We’re a nation of ~330M. Of that group, approximately 260M are over the age of 18 and eligible for the vaccine.

As of today, we’ve vaccinated ~66M of those people.

We’re averaging ~3M shots per day, and that number has been steadily increasing since the vaccine rollout. The addition of the J&J vaccine had limited the number of actual shots needed as well.

Medical experts indicate that we’ll hit herd immunity at around 75-80% vaccinated.

I’m having a really hard time looking at these numbers and understanding why life, including concerts, aren’t going to be back to pretty much normal mid-summer at the latest.

The idea “shit is on pause until 2022” really doesn’t jive, unless folks are really expecting a nation of fully vaccinated people to sit home for another year.

I’m as reasonable / cautious as the next fellow — but the math simply doesn’t add up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
What's this about 'extended delay?' Hardened boarders know TDC was only down for two days: the day it went down, and the day it went back up.
Caveat Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:28 PM   #1585
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
We’re a nation of ~330M. Of that group, approximately 260M are over the age of 18 and eligible for the vaccine.

We’re averaging ~3M shots per day, and that number has been steadily increasing since the vaccine rollout. The addition of the J&J vaccine had limited the number of actual shots needed as well.

Medical experts indicate that we’ll hit herd immunity at around 75-80% vaccinated.

I’m having a really hard time looking at these numbers and understanding why life, including concerts, aren’t going to be back to pretty much normal mid-summer at the latest.

The idea “shit is on pause until 2022” really doesn’t jive, unless folks are really expecting a nation of fully vaccinated people to sit home for another year.

I’m as reasonable / cautious as the next fellow — but the math simply doesn’t add up.
Don't we have at least 150M with one shot in their arm? Heck according to Israeli studies, after 2 weeks from your 1st dose of Pfizer and Moderna, your 85% protected. That is pretty darn good.
DMBCLSTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:34 PM   #1586
Mersh

I get all the numbers, I just don’t think DMB is scheduling a tour this summer period. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong.
Mersh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:47 PM   #1587
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
I get all the numbers, I just don’t think DMB is scheduling a tour this summer period. If I’m wrong, I’m wrong.
I think you're right.

Fall 2021 is all we can hope for at this point otherwise, see you in 2022.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:50 PM   #1588
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
And the problem is that concerts require months and months of lead time.

Bars can open in a couple days. Restaurants can open in about a week. Concerts don't work like that.

So they are going to be, basically, the last thing to come back. Because they're not going to jump the gun and end up having to postpone again.

Better to wait until September to be certain they can tour in January, then schedule now for October, and have to refund/reschedule/rebook if our current projections of vaccination are off, when other venues already have January dates for other acts and it creates a logistical nightmare.

2) You're assuming 3 million vaccinations per day will continue. We're working our way through the "I want a vaccine" crowd steadily. But then what happens?

[Only registered users can see links.] , among a random sample of 1,862 adults.
Despite the progress, one in five adults (20 percent) said they would either definitely refuse the shot or be vaccinated only if required by their job or school.

80% of adults is only 208,000 Americans vaccinated.
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 03:54 PM   #1589
gweeps
homesick android

I know somebody has to go first, but what major band is even considering touring this summer? U2? Radiohead? Pearl Jam? What about Paul McCartney? Elton John? Taylor Swift?

It's understandable, but some of you are vastly underrating the trauma that has taken place around the world. The current amount of vaccinations won't quickly get people back to "normal". It's a fantastic start though.
Old 04-07-2021, 03:59 PM   #1590
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
I know somebody has to go first, but what major band is even considering touring this summer? U2? Radiohead? Pearl Jam? What about Paul McCartney? Elton John? Taylor Swift?

It's understandable, but some of you are vastly underrating the trauma that has taken place around the world. The current amount of vaccinations won't quickly get people back to "normal". It's a fantastic start though.
Elton John and Pearl Jam have both already pushed their summer dates to next year.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 04:11 PM   #1591
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Taylor Swift cancelled all her shows
Old 04-07-2021, 04:18 PM   #1592
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post

2) You're assuming 3 million vaccinations per day will continue. We're working our way through the "I want a vaccine" crowd steadily. But then what happens?
[Only registered users can see links.] , among a random sample of 1,862 adults.
Despite the progress, one in five adults (20 percent) said they would either definitely refuse the shot or be vaccinated only if required by their job or school.

80% of adults is only 208,000 Americans vaccinated.

Just came across[Only registered users can see links.] :

A recent [Only registered users can see links.] found that one in four Americans said they would refuse a coronavirus vaccine outright if offered. Another 5% are "undecided" about whether they would get the shot.

mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 09:52 AM   #1593
.Gary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats82 View Post
Taylor Swift cancelled all her shows
Oh no, the horror
.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 10:04 AM   #1594
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gary. View Post
Oh no, the horror
Old 04-08-2021, 12:34 PM   #1595
Wildcats82
Macho Business Donkey Wrestler

Rage Against the Machine delayed their tour another year
Old 04-09-2021, 06:25 AM   #1596
greykitkat36

Quote:
Totally agree. This isn’t about how many are vaccinated it’s about being able to make sure everything can go smoothly and timely, they have to decide within the next few weeks what to do, and it’s just too much of a gray area still to be 100% moving forward. Still many states with Covid capacity limits and social distancing measures for it to make sense
Old 04-09-2021, 09:34 AM   #1597
willndmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
Totally agree. This isn’t about how many are vaccinated it’s about being able to make sure everything can go smoothly and timely, they have to decide within the next few weeks what to do, and it’s just too much of a gray area still to be 100% moving forward. Still many states with Covid capacity limits and social distancing measures for it to make sense
Start a show “on time” and the capacity is only half anyway
Old 04-09-2021, 09:53 AM   #1598
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by willndmb View Post
Start a show “on time” and the capacity is only half anyway
Or play this setlist and you'll have half an audience in no time:

Proudest Monkey >
Mercy
Dreamgirl
Captain
Blackjack
Here On Out
Gaucho
Sleep To Dream Her
Black and Blue Bird
Death on the High Seas
Stolen Away on 55th and 3rd
Virginia in the Rain
Pay for What You Get
The Riff
Spaceman
If Only
Butterfly
Come Tomorrow

(Songs chosen based on personal experience of audience chatter/exodus during these songs)
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:16 AM   #1599
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
Or play this setlist and you'll have half an audience in no time:

Proudest Monkey >
Mercy
Dreamgirl
Captain
Blackjack
Here On Out
Gaucho
Sleep To Dream Her
Black and Blue Bird
Death on the High Seas
Stolen Away on 55th and 3rd
Virginia in the Rain
Pay for What You Get
The Riff
Spaceman
If Only
Butterfly
Come Tomorrow

(Songs chosen based on personal experience of audience chatter/exodus during these songs)
The most boring concert of all time. Not even sure it would hold up in a theatre.
Old 04-11-2021, 12:53 PM   #1600
willndmb

Not that it means anything but here is an “ad” for shows [Only registered users can see links.]

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc