These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2021, 07:15 PM   #29381
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoftMacho View Post
I think Dave did an interview where he actually said they would have Boyd back if they got into the HOF
I think I remember this the same way as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeQuietAndDrive View Post
Citing "poor lyrics" as the reason for not liking Seven is like saying you don't like ice cream because "it's cold."

You have a point, but it's a stupid one.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 07:53 PM   #29382
willndmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
10 minutes is all they get? Ants and Crash would eat up 10 minutes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeedog View Post
From the bands I knew they didn't play full songs but a 10 minute medley of 3/4 partial songs.
Greaaattt Grey St v2
Could you imagine though how people would flip if they started playing a few good songs in part after that
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 08:44 PM   #29383
Steveo Style

Boyd deserves to come back for a HOF performance.
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:13 PM   #29384
Yeedog
Heidi-ho Neighboreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by soups View Post
Wonder if they'd have Boyd come back for a performance.
I would assume Boyd would be there as he would be inducted as part of DMB. Would seem kind of spiteful for him to accept going in to the HoF and not play. At this point do people think Tim, Rashawn and Jeff go in as well as part of DMB?

I vaguely remember when Metallica and GnR went in past members where there and celebrated as a major part of the band for a given period as well.

Homer: All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat!?'. I'm trying to impress people here Lisa. You don't win friends with salad.
Yeedog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 10:21 PM   #29385
SomeDevil17

They bring him back for one show like they did with butch a few years ago, never mention it and act like it never even happened.
SomeDevil17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 05:30 AM   #29386
Tambourine Man
now in Capshaw Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeDevil17 View Post
They bring him back for one show like they did with butch a few years ago, never mention it and act like it never even happened.
Pretty much. Boyd can snort a few lines and eek out a good performance for a few minutes. See True Reflections from 2013
Tambourine Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 07:20 AM   #29387
cgator41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeedog View Post
I would assume Boyd would be there as he would be inducted as part of DMB. Would seem kind of spiteful for him to accept going in to the HoF and not play. At this point do people think Tim, Rashawn and Jeff go in as well as part of DMB?
I'm sure everyone would be there, but I think only the original 5 would be inducted. I'm a big Chicago fan and the guy who replaced Cetera and played with them for 30 years, was not inducted.
cgator41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:20 AM   #29388
dancetheham

If memory serves, whatever that recent exhibit is (Grammy Museum? R&R HOF?) includes Dave, Carter, Stefan, LeRoi, Boyd, Tim, Jeff, Rashawn, and Buddy but does not include Butch or Peter. Seems like that's who they consider to be/have been "official members" and would likely be inducted.
dancetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:51 AM   #29389
Jack
Grand Army of Letters

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancetheham View Post
If memory serves, whatever that recent exhibit is (Grammy Museum? R&R HOF?) includes Dave, Carter, Stefan, LeRoi, Boyd, Tim, Jeff, Rashawn, and Buddy but does not include Butch or Peter. Seems like that's who they consider to be/have been "official members" and would likely be inducted.
I would think so too. Peter was with them for two years, and butch was a full time touring member for like 7 years. And iirc there was always some verbiage to exclude him from really being a part of the band, even on official setlists. But, at that point the core 5 was still intact. And neither one of them really left a lasting contribution. More so Peter with SMTS.

Rashawn has now been in the band for 15 and Jeff for 13. Hell, Roi was only in the band for 17. And it seems Dave has brought Buddy into the circle more than he ever did Butch.

Another child that's grown old
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 08:59 AM   #29390
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
I would think so too. Peter was with them for two years, and butch was a full time touring member for like 7 years. And iirc there was always some verbiage to exclude him from really being a part of the band, even on official setlists. But, at that point the core 5 was still intact. And neither one of them really left a lasting contribution. More so Peter with SMTS.

Rashawn has now been in the band for 15 and Jeff for 13. Hell, Roi was only in the band for 17.And it seems Dave has brought Buddy into the circle more than he ever did Butch.
Depressing.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:25 AM   #29391
gweeps
homesick android

Found a bunch of videos on YouTube from that benefit Dave played in Seattle on Saturday.

Old 11-22-2021, 11:33 AM   #29392
gweeps
homesick android

Listening to GGP's version of Sugar Will reconfirms yet again how DMB has completely neutered this song. It used to have space for improvisation, letting each member shine. Now it's a brickwalled mess. Almost a completely different song really. Like #36 vs. Everyday.
Old 11-22-2021, 11:44 AM   #29393
dmb1981

Those are great, thanks.
Old 11-22-2021, 07:25 PM   #29394
BigVodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
DMB has completely neutered this song. It used to have space for improvisation
I love how the songs grow and change. Get better and worse and better. What else could there be?! A question as old as the mailing list. This band sold out with UTTAD and pray tell never looked back, and we’re all better for it
Old 11-22-2021, 08:28 PM   #29395
soups
Rashawn has to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
Listening to GGP's version of Sugar Will reconfirms yet again how DMB has completely neutered this song. It used to have space for improvisation, letting each member shine. Now it's a brickwalled mess. Almost a completely different song really. Like #36 vs. Everyday.
Dude I listened to that Sugar Will last night also. Those songs were so fun for the reasons you mentioned. They weren't consumed with being a rock band then. I love Tim but his presence made them change the way they approach songs.
soups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2021, 11:31 PM   #29396
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by soups View Post
Dude I listened to that Sugar Will last night also. Those songs were so fun for the reasons you mentioned. They weren't consumed with being a rock band then. I love Tim but his presence made them change the way they approach songs.
Maybe a little bit, I put more blame on just the writing and decision making in general on everything. The band was never the same post-'04, and really for me that's when things took a turn for the worse. 2008 proved they could be a great band with Tim, but decisions made after made things worse. But let's be real, this band started the decline when SU session began. It was clear they didn't want to be a "jammy" band anymore.
Old 11-23-2021, 10:38 AM   #29397
.Gary.

To whom at DMBalmanac do I send a setlist scan for the Jones Beach 2021 concert? I see they need it and I'll be happy to share mine. Nevermind, looks like they got one.
.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 03:18 PM   #29398
TDunk

so they are selling "dodo" posters on the WH. seems odd to do that when it never gets played.
TDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 03:40 PM   #29399
dmb2much40

Those song posters generally are weird to me - why are they printed on both sides?
Old 11-23-2021, 03:44 PM   #29400
dmb2much40

Wrong thread

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc