These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2018, 02:12 PM   #4181
soright05
 
soright05's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 8,934
some of you may have attended this show

[Only registered users can see links.]
soright05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 02:42 PM   #4182
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 15,427
I’m not as into The Hold Steady as I was ten years ago, but for pay-what-you-want, I’ll definitely grab that. Thanks for the heads up.
__________________
May you dine on weeds made bitter by the piss of drunkards.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:43 AM   #4183
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,678
The fucking bass in this song!

gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #4184
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,820
[Only registered users can see links.] . Plus, Jono was a fixture here in the late 80's NYC bar scene.

Quote:
Thrift Store Treasure
Santa Fe's JJ Frank and Jono Manson unearth pop history: a full-length unreleased Carole King album
Mitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:31 PM   #4185
Habbs
Organic
 
Habbs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: WI
Posts: 2,444
Anyone into Ghost Light? I heard them on SiriusXM Jam_On and I dug it, intrigued because I love Holly Bowling's work. I'm listening to my first live recording of them right now: [Only registered users can see links.]
__________________
"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." - John Lennon
"Rituals are important. Nowadays it's hip not to be married. I'm not interested in being hip." - John Lennon
Habbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:38 PM   #4186
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,820
Yeah, I've heard a little of them and dig it. I love Tommy from JRAD.
Mitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:27 PM   #4187
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 15,427
Here’s my top 50 albums of the year.

50 Bill Frissell- Music IS
49 Dr. Octagon- Moosebumps
48 Sunflower Bean- Twenty Two in Blue
47 Hop Along- Bark Your Head Off, Dog
46 Del & Amp Live- Gate 13
45 The Furrow Collective- Fathoms
44 Thom Yorke- Suspiria
43 Adrianne Lenker- abysskiss
42 Richard Swift- The Hex
41 John Prine- The Tree of Forgiveness
40 Matthew Shipp Quartet- Sonic Fiction
39 Sons of Kemet- Your Queen is a Reptile
38 Salad Boys- This is Glue
37 Illuminati Hotties- Kiss Yr Frenemies
36 Kelly Moran- Ultraviolet
35 Aidan Moffat & RM Hubbert- Here Lies the Body
34 The Lemon Twigs- Go to School
33 The Joy Formidable- AAARTH
32 Melody’s Echo Chamber- Bon Voyage
31 Prince- Piano & a Microphone 1983
30 GoGo Penguin- A Humdrum Star
29 Khruangbin- Con todo el mondo
28 Shopping- The Official Body
27 Ivar Bjornson & Einar Selvig- Hugsja
26 Idles- Joy as an Act of Resistance
25 The Callas with Lee Ronaldo- Trouble and Desire
24 The Goon Sax- We’re Not Talking
23 Bill Ryder-Jones- Yawn
22 Young Fathers- Cocoa Sugar
21 Mount Eerie- (after)
20 John Coltrane- Both Directions at Once: The Lost Album
19 Tangents- New Bodies
18 Paul Simon- In the Blue Light
17 Dead Can Dance- Dionysus
16 Moonface- This One’s for the Dancer & This One’s for the Dancer’s Bouquet
15 Ali Shaheed Muhammad & Adrian Younge- The Midnight Hour
14 Parquet Courts- Wide Awaaaaaake
13 Colter Wall- Songs of the Plains
12 Noname- Room 25
11 The Necks- Body
10 Neko Case- Hell-On
9 Venetian Snares+Daniel Lanois- S/T
8 The Beths- Future Me Hates Me
7 Car Seat Headrest- Twin Fantasy
6 Avantdale Bowling Club- S/T
5 Cavern of Anti-Matter- Hormone Lemonade
4 Angelique Kidjo- Remain in Light
3 Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks- Sparkle Hard
2 Kamasi Washington- Heaven and Hell
1 Rolling Blackouts C.F.- Hope Downs
__________________
May you dine on weeds made bitter by the piss of drunkards.

Last edited by Bluewater34; 12-06-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:35 PM   #4188
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,820
Where’s Blues Traveler, motherfucker?!?

Oh wait, where’s Come Tomorrow??
Mitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:38 PM   #4189
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 29,192
No Kacey Musgraves, eh?
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:41 PM   #4190
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,820
I have to admit, I have not heard 48 of those albums, and I have no idea what most of them are
Mitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:42 PM   #4191
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,678
No Metric?

I've only heard the John Prine. Man, I'm behind on modern music. I've not heard of 38 of those.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:02 PM   #4192
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 15,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
No Kacey Musgraves, eh?
I don’t dislike her, I just don’t listen to her. Not really sure why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
No Metric?
That one is on my complete list, this is only the top 50. I listened to something like 325 albums from this year, and my complete list has 270 albums on it. Metric is 57.
__________________
May you dine on weeds made bitter by the piss of drunkards.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:22 PM   #4193
ThememanXX
The Real Marlins Man
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
 
Banker Brokers Champion! Suduko Champion!
Tournaments Won: 2

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 29,192
I think the Musgraves album is my #1 this year.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:33 PM   #4194
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 15,427
RIP Pete Shelley of the Buzzcocks. One of the most easily enjoyable bands of the first wave of Punk. You could probably argue that they were the first Pop-Punk band.

__________________
May you dine on weeds made bitter by the piss of drunkards.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:03 AM   #4195
Dschakobi
eat, drink & be merry
 
Dschakobi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 2,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I have to admit, I have not heard 48 of those albums, and I have no idea what most of them are
2nd that

Kamasi gets a lot of hype.
Dschakobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:49 AM   #4196
Bluewater34
Is Old
 
Bluewater34's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 15,427
And you don’t agree with it?
__________________
May you dine on weeds made bitter by the piss of drunkards.
Bluewater34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 11:10 AM   #4197
Mitch
Moderator
 
Mitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 13,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Where’s Blues Traveler, motherfucker?!?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
No Kacey Musgraves, eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweeps View Post
No Metric?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
I don’t dislike her, I just don’t listen to her. Not really sure why.

That one is on my complete list, this is only the top 50. I listened to something like 325 albums from this year, and my complete list has 270 albums on it. Metric is 57.
I like how you answer those 2 but completely ignore my inquiry regarding BT

Best album of the year! (That and the Isbell live album, another glaring omission on your list!)
Mitch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:34 PM   #4198
always40
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluewater34 View Post
Here’s my top 50 albums of the year.

50 Bill Frissell- Music IS
49 Dr. Octagon- Moosebumps
48 Sunflower Bean- Twenty Two in Blue
47 Hop Along- Bark Your Head Off, Dog
46 Del & Amp Live- Gate 13
45 The Furrow Collective- Fathoms
44 Thom Yorke- Suspiria
43 Adrianne Lenker- abysskiss
42 Richard Swift- The Hex
41 John Prine- The Tree of Forgiveness
40 Matthew Shipp Quartet- Sonic Fiction
39 Sons of Kemet- Your Queen is a Reptile
38 Salad Boys- This is Glue
37 Illuminati Hotties- Kiss Yr Frenemies
36 Kelly Moran- Ultraviolet
35 Aidan Moffat & RM Hubbert- Here Lies the Body
34 The Lemon Twigs- Go to School
33 The Joy Formidable- AAARTH
32 Melody’s Echo Chamber- Bon Voyage
31 Prince- Piano & a Microphone 1983
30 GoGo Penguin- A Humdrum Star
29 Khruangbin- Con todo el mondo
28 Shopping- The Official Body
27 Ivar Bjornson & Einar Selvig- Hugsja
26 Idles- Joy as an Act of Resistance
25 The Callas with Lee Ronaldo- Trouble and Desire
24 The Goon Sax- We’re Not Talking
23 Bill Ryder-Jones- Yawn
22 Young Fathers- Cocoa Sugar
21 Mount Eerie- (after)
20 John Coltrane- Both Directions at Once: The Lost Album
19 Tangents- New Bodies
18 Paul Simon- In the Blue Light
17 Dead Can Dance- Dionysus
16 Moonface- This One’s for the Dancer & This One’s for the Dancer’s Bouquet
15 Ali Shaheed Muhammad & Adrian Younge- The Midnight Hour
14 Parquet Courts- Wide Awaaaaaake
13 Colter Wall- Songs of the Plains
12 Noname- Room 25
11 The Necks- Body
10 Neko Case- Hell-On
9 Venetian Snares+Daniel Lanois- S/T
8 The Beths- Future Me Hates Me
7 Car Seat Headrest- Twin Fantasy
6 Avantdale Bowling Club- S/T
5 Cavern of Anti-Matter- Hormone Lemonade
4 Angelique Kidjo- Remain in Light
3 Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks- Sparkle Hard
2 Kamasi Washington- Heaven and Hell
1 Rolling Blackouts C.F.- Hope Downs
What did you think of the new Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats (Tearing at the Seams)? Did you hear the new Gregory Alan Isakov album Evening Machines? Or the Novo Amor album Birthplace (very reminiscent of early Bon Iver)?
always40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:07 PM   #4199
celluloid hero
 
celluloid hero's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 9,659
Listening to Rolling Blackouts now. Thanks! I found Antisocialites due to this list last year.
celluloid hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #4200
gweeps
 
gweeps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kingston ON, Canada
Posts: 24,678
Tom Waits is 69 today.
gweeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > nDMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.09601 seconds with 18 queries