Old 01-13-2021, 12:11 PM   #1221
.Gary.

Yeah this ain't happening.
.Gary. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:31 PM   #1222
Fan#41

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
At this point I will go see any band at any venue. So if DMB reschedules for 2022 I will be keeping my tickets.

chad says thanks for your loyalty, Monica.
Fan#41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:47 PM   #1223
dmb2much40

Iíd probably go see the Boyd Tinsley band
Old 01-13-2021, 12:52 PM   #1224
roshea999
Now that's Oldstyle

Alpine 2022
roshea999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:57 PM   #1225
JimBeam41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
I don't think DMB is going to get their pick of weekends at ampitheatres around the country.
That's a good point
Old 01-13-2021, 12:58 PM   #1226
jeff1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
Iíd probably go see the Boyd Tinsley band
I'd see Boyd's band open for Nickelback. Hopefully Scott Stapp will make a surprise appearance to round out the awesomeness.
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:14 PM   #1227
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomacco View Post
There are a couple new dates, like Toronto 2021, that haven't even gone on sale yet. I guess I wonder if they're ever going to actually put those on sale, because normally if they did, the Warehouse sale would be starting this month.
No going on sale man. I wish they would but it ain't happening pal. Concerts are toast until 2022. Pretty sure everyone agrees with this at this point.
Old 01-13-2021, 08:06 PM   #1228
SomeDevil17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
Yes it has. I saw it at Randall's Island in 2011. They did it at the Gorge too.
Whoops my bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid hero View Post
Did you know on the Australian Promo mix, they actually segue?
I did not. The Australian promo mix or the actual Australian version of the Stand Up album? Someone on here sent me that copy of the album one time. I remember listening to it and making a post of the small differences. Sadly I think it’s on a hard drive that was long gone and I never got it on my iPhone. Wonder who sent me that.

Edit: the promo and what I am talking about are the same cd I think. So I have. Just been a minute since I listened. Trying to find my copy now!
SomeDevil17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:45 AM   #1229
shadowraven

Quote:
My credit card expired since then, and I got a new one. Can't I just give them new CC info?
they can still refund to the account, even with a new number. The account is its own thing. I know this due to fraud on our account and having to get new cards.

Shows seen - http://www.DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1485

I saw the last Angel.
shadowraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:04 PM   #1230
Josh.0

I gotta be honest.

This is gonna sound kinda shitty, but...

I don’t miss concerts that much. I like going to shows, don’t get me wrong, but I’ve been to so many that they rarely REALLY excite me anymore. I know, jaded, right? Yeah. Same with live sporting events. They were becoming rarities for me.

I miss getting together with friends, but the truth is before COVID-19 most my friends weren’t really going to many concerts anymore anyways. Kids, families...you know. For the most part we’d more all get together for weekend beer/brewery trips once or twice a year. Concerts were sort of a dying “glue” for us, and it’d been that way for at least five years before COVID-19.

With that said, will I still go see DMB whenever they get back on the road? Sure, probably once a year. Twice if they aren’t playing and writing sets like shit. Then life will go back to being not all that different than it is right now.
tolerance noun (ACCEPTANCE)
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:09 PM   #1231
Josh.0

The only real thing I miss that I don’t have right now is the ability to travel throughout the country and world.
willingness to accept behavior and beliefs that are different from your own, although you might not agree with or approve of them.
Old 01-14-2021, 01:38 PM   #1232
Tomacco

My partner and I see about 40+ concerts a year (not just DMB) as a regular activity. I also see a handful with friends, sometimes as part of trips. So, this has been terrible for me.
Not to mention not being allowed to travel, go to restaurants and bars, movies, friends and family’s houses, or have them over to ours.
This has turned my lifestyle upside down. The people it’s not affecting seem to be the homebodies with families (aside from the fact that they work from home and kids learn online of course).
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 01:53 PM   #1233
Josh.0

For me, I spend most of my free time:

Lifting
Teaching/taking yoga
At other fitness classes (boxing, spin, etc)
Traveling
Going to breweries
Cycling (when it’s warm)
Hiking (when it’s warm)

The only things I still can’t do there is travel and chill at many, though not all, breweries. Spin classes are mostly done but I have a Peloton so I’m good.

I do miss sitting down at somewhere like Hill Farmstead or whatever with friends, but all in all it wasn’t that much of a regularity for me. Honestly I’m far less interested in booze in general these days anyways.

Everything else I can still do (mostly). To be honest...gyms and group fitness classes having limited capacity, selfishly, has been great because I book all my stuff well in advance and not having to battle for space is wonderful.

I was only going to maybe 5 total concerts a year before COVID, with (as I said) maybe 1-2 being with “groups” of friends (the others would be with one other person, and usually just as “something to do”). I don’t feel like I’m missing much there.

Outside of taking a huge paycut because of COVID, my life hasn’t changed that much TBH.
Old 01-14-2021, 02:33 PM   #1234
dmb1981

Quote:
My partner and I see about 40+ concerts a year (not just DMB) as a regular activity. I also see a handful with friends, sometimes as part of trips. So, this has been terrible for me.
Not to mention not being allowed to travel, go to restaurants and bars, movies, friends and familyís houses, or have them over to ours.
This has turned my lifestyle upside down. The people itís not affecting seem to be the homebodies with families (aside from the fact that they work from home and kids learn online of course).
Iím with ya pal. Although Iím married with two young kids, we sure miss our concerts, sporting events, dinners out, bars, movies, etc. Certainly has changed our social lives.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:08 PM   #1235
Steveo Style

Married here with 2 kids (1.5 and 3.5 yrs old). Work from home from 8-6, and later if needed. Free time outside of the family I have is spent doing chores around the house/yard and drinking/watching TV/movies. Very exciting!
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:04 PM   #1236
Tomacco

We bought a townhouse for a million bucks in downtown Toronto so that I can be surrounded by the best restaurants, bars, theaters, and concerts in the country. With all of that gone, might as well live in some suburb at this point because there's no difference.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:31 PM   #1237
dmb1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo Style View Post
Married here with 2 kids (1.5 and 3.5 yrs old). Work from home from 8-6, and later if needed. Free time outside of the family I have is spent doing chores around the house/yard and drinking/watching TV/movies. Very exciting!
We are identical, lol.
Old 01-14-2021, 04:31 PM   #1238
dmb1981

Quote:
We bought a townhouse for a million bucks in downtown Toronto so that I can be surrounded by the best restaurants, bars, theaters, and concerts in the country. With all of that gone, might as well live in some suburb at this point because there's no difference.
King St?
Old 01-14-2021, 04:50 PM   #1239
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb1981 View Post
King St?
Old 01-14-2021, 09:27 PM   #1240
jeff1818

Quote:
I hear ya. Things will come back soon!! I miss meeting new people, playing volleyball, seeing live music and my improv class. Lots of things for are on pause...
jeff1818 is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc