These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2020, 11:29 AM   #661
MaLaKaS
Moore Soul

2020 Summer COVID-19 Tour Date Discussion

It’s easy to crap on the chet from a technical standpoint, but its always going to be Dave’s classic guitar to me.
MaLaKaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:09 PM   #662
DIDO36
Mississippi State style!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan39 View Post
Do we know the last time he played it in concert? Im sure he played it after it, but those 07 Dave and Tim shows were the last time i can consciously remember him playing it.
I think probably Dave and Tim sometime in 08. The last full band appearance was 2002 I think.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:25 PM   #663
DIDO36
Mississippi State style!

It was a truly sad day when he put down the Taylor 914 for good. I think the last time he used it in the full band setting was sometime in 2011. I’m remember going to the 5/19/12 show and fully expecting to see the Taylor on stage. They brought out that sunburst rockbridge and I thought “what the hell is that guitar.”

At least he still used the Taylor 12 until 2014 and then he dropped that one too. Last Stop in 2016 was the last time it appeared, and it such a shame because that was a truly beautiful guitar.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:26 PM   #664
ThememanXX
I've gotta make a destination.

It's all about the Rockbridge and Chickapig these days. Maybe a little Blenheim sprinkled in for good measure. Oh, and don't forget Live Nation Platinum Seats.

#DMB
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:43 PM   #665
patsfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDO36 View Post
It was a truly sad day when he put down the Taylor 914 for good. I think the last time he used it in the full band setting was sometime in 2011. I’m remember going to the 5/19/12 show and fully expecting to see the Taylor on stage. They brought out that sunburst rockbridge and I thought “what the hell is that guitar.”

At least he still used the Taylor 12 until 2014 and then he dropped that one too. Last Stop in 2016 was the last time it appeared, and it such a shame because that was a truly beautiful guitar.
I remember having similar thoughts going to my shows in 2012 too. I used to be able to know what the song was just by seeing the guitar, its not really that difficult now, but they all somewhat look the same to me since they are all made by the same company to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 01:53 PM   #666
lilmellie

made hotel reservations for Syracuse today. refundable, of course. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
lilmellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:22 PM   #667
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
It's all about the Rockbridge and Chickapig these days. Maybe a little Blenheim sprinkled in for good measure. Oh, and don't forget Live Nation Platinum Seats.

#DMB
and writing childrens books.....basically anything that's unrelated to making music.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:27 PM   #668
mario

Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
and writing childrens books.....basically anything that's unrelated to making music.
Maybe we have this all wrong.

Dave IS still appealing to the longtime hardcores. We stopped listening to his music and going to his shows, so he stopped directing his energies there, and focused them on what most of us are focused on: Children and Wine.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 02:31 PM   #669
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
Maybe we have this all wrong.

Dave IS still appealing to the longtime hardcores. We stopped listening to his music and going to his shows, so he stopped directing his energies there, and focused them on what most of us are focused on: Children and Wine.
He knows his fanbase well
Old 03-27-2020, 12:21 PM   #670
dmb4uandme

Roger Waters just postponed his North American tour. Was scheduled July through September
dmb4uandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:26 PM   #671
DMBCLSTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb4uandme View Post
Roger Waters just postponed his North American tour. Was scheduled July through September
Interesting, I guess it makes sense since he is at the at risk age himself but the dominos are starting to fall for sure.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:27 PM   #672
Tomacco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb4uandme View Post
I had great tickets too. Surprised he already cancelled it. Knowing his level of production though I bet rehearsals and stuff would have had to start pretty soon.
Tomacco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 11:15 PM   #673
Josh.0

Agreed on the Rockbridge being the worst. I can’t stand it. My favorite version of Dave, to be totally honest, is solo with a Martin in his hands.

Also, I really, really wanted to like Rodger Waters when I saw him live a few years ago, but the production felt way overdone and gimmicky and the political messaging contrived and force-fed onto the crowd. I just couldn’t get into it. One of my bottom-5 all time concerts.

Vol. 1

Quote:
Looking forward to two days from now when Josh and greykitkat argue that all we have to do is go outside at high noon, drop our pants, bend over, and spread our ass cheeks to be cured of Corona virus and that our refusal to agree is just identity politics sjw ignorance.
Vol. 2

Quote:
Donald Trump eats his own boogers.
Josh.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:42 AM   #674
greykitkat36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
Agreed on the Rockbridge being the worst. I can’t stand it. My favorite version of Dave, to be totally honest, is solo with a Martin in his hands.

Also, I really, really wanted to like Rodger Waters when I saw him live a few years ago, but the production felt way overdone and gimmicky and the political messaging contrived and force-fed onto the crowd. I just couldn’t get into it. One of my bottom-5 all time concerts.
Yeah Martin all the way. Part of why LS is still one of my all time favorite releases. Dave sounds so good on it. Also the ‘99 D+T tour he played it exclusively.

Roger Waters is apparently super anti-Semitic too which I didn’t realize. I have Jewish friends that won’t even listen to a Pink Floyd song anymore out of pure protest.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:37 AM   #675
JimBeam41

Quote:
Roger Waters is apparently super anti-Semitic too which I didn’t realize. I have Jewish friends that won’t even listen to a Pink Floyd song anymore out of pure protest.
Howard Stern trashes him all the time.
Old 03-28-2020, 11:49 AM   #676
gweeps
homesick android

Quote:
He's not anti-Semitic. Not to get too political here, but he is simply of the opinion that Israel shouldn't be doing what it's doing to the Palestinians.

Sadly, it's a complicated issue with extremists on all sides. Boycotting Israel in protest isn't going to help anybody though. Protesting the illegal settlements might help though.
Old 03-29-2020, 07:30 PM   #677
Aparker507

I always thought I heard Carter was a huge germophobe, hence one of the reasons why he wears his gloves constantly. Can't remember, but if this thing has even a hint of still being around, I could see him not wanting to tour. I could be completely wrong on that but fairly sure someone had mentioned it before.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Aparker507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:05 PM   #678
dancetheham

I wonder if we'll get an announcement tomorrow?
dancetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:25 PM   #679
Steveo Style

My expectation is that they cancel the tour, offer fans full refunds if they want, or offer them a credit to be used for the next tour where they would be guaranteed seats similar or better to the ones they were provided already.

I’m sure they will also be providing some kind of free downloads etc to Warehouse members to help compensate the $35 fee.
Steveo Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:46 PM   #680
willndmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmellie View Post
made hotel reservations for Syracuse today. refundable, of course. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Where did you book?
I would suggest the Embassy suites by the mall and take the shuttle
willndmb is offline   Reply With Quote

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc