These Days Continue  
Go Back   These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc
Register Donate FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2020, 02:11 PM   #241
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 5,172
Hoping to trade my N3 gorge for N1 tix. i have a thread in tickets, but need to change it. we bought N2 pit on TM.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:27 PM   #242
lilmellie
 
lilmellie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MD
Posts: 1,249
interesting Merriweather is the only show on dmb,com showing as sold out, presuming because it's a smaller venue than Bristow and it's the only show in the DMV-East PA. Curious to why they are skipping Bristow and Camden. Shuts so many people out. (Will probably never know though)
lilmellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 02:31 PM   #243
ThememanXX
I've gotta make a destination.
 
ThememanXX's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmellie View Post
interesting Merriweather is the only show on dmb,com showing as sold out, presuming because it's a smaller venue than Bristow and it's the only show in the DMV-East PA. Curious to why they are skipping Bristow and Camden. Shuts so many people out. (Will probably never know though)
Bristow, Camden x2, Hershey and Scranton used to get shows....that's a huge area that has gone 'uncovered.' Just bizarre between that and Texas being cut this year.
__________________
-Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiddySpence View Post
handjob on the lawn during the encore saved it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Who'd you jerk off?
ThememanXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:09 PM   #244
shadowraven
 
shadowraven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: chicago, il
Posts: 20,458
requested and got N2 Chicago
__________________
my tapes: The Archive

Shows seen - http://www.DMBAlmanac.com/Member.aspx?number=1485

I saw the last Angel.
shadowraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:40 PM   #245
DIDO36
 
DIDO36's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmellie View Post
interesting Merriweather is the only show on dmb,com showing as sold out, presuming because it's a smaller venue than Bristow and it's the only show in the DMV-East PA. Curious to why they are skipping Bristow and Camden. Shuts so many people out. (Will probably never know though)
No need to play both MPP and Jiffy Lube. It’s either one or the other, and apparently MPP is the better venue in the DC area. I mean they played at both venues in 2004, but that was back when DMB was in their prime.

Not having Camden on the schedule is really weird. I’m sure it will probably return next year though.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:08 PM   #246
lilmellie
 
lilmellie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MD
Posts: 1,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDO36 View Post
No need to play both MPP and Jiffy Lube. It’s either one or the other, and apparently MPP is the better venue in the DC area. I mean they played at both venues in 2004, but that was back when DMB was in their prime.

Not having Camden on the schedule is really weird. I’m sure it will probably return next year though.
oh, definitely. I should have said playing MPP instead of Bristow. I am not complaining as I am closer to MPP and it's a lot easier to get out of the lot.
Just weird.
lilmellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:08 PM   #247
lilmellie
 
lilmellie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: MD
Posts: 1,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThememanXX View Post
Bristow, Camden x2, Hershey and Scranton used to get shows....that's a huge area that has gone 'uncovered.' Just bizarre between that and Texas being cut this year.
forgot about Hershey and Scranton
lilmellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 06:29 PM   #248
NiCK (Crush)
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 51,743
Really happy with all my WH seats.
__________________
NC
NiCK (Crush) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 07:26 PM   #249
SeekUpAB
 
SeekUpAB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by typsitch View Post
people still go through warehouse lottery for tickets?
No, just me. Sounds like the other option went a lot better for everyone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaphod! View Post
this isn't #dMbFaMiLy level shit. there's a whole spectrum of middle ground in between family and SeekUpAB
SeekUpAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 08:26 PM   #250
Ebs
Go Pack Go
 
Ebs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiCK (Crush) View Post
Really happy with all my WH seats.
Same here. Only going to Summerfest and got section 206, row n through warehouse. Was disappointed when i saw what level I got confirmed with but the fact that I am in the middle made me happy.
__________________
-Matt

AIM: Bebs 24

LIVESTRONG
HOPE
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 10:46 PM   #251
Aparker507
 
Aparker507's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 1,877
I hate being off to the side, but I'm 3rd row behind the pit stage left side this year for Arkansas. It's a small Amp so not bad at all.

I'll of course be backstage, but hopeful I'll do side stage this year the night before the last show of the tour.

Usually in May, things are beyond hectic and everyone is still getting things worked out. This should be a great year!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Aparker507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 12:25 AM   #252
DIDO36
 
DIDO36's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmellie View Post
oh, definitely. I should have said playing MPP instead of Bristow. I am not complaining as I am closer to MPP and it's a lot easier to get out of the lot.
Just weird.
Im thinking they just felt like switching it up. I know Phish usually plays MPP over Bristow. I went to Jiffy Lube back in 2016, but I haven't seen a show at MPP. What is the better venue? I know Jiffy Lube is a much bigger venue, but DMB probably wasn't filling it up anyway.
DIDO36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:07 AM   #253
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDO36 View Post
No need to play both MPP and Jiffy Lube. It’s either one or the other, and apparently MPP is the better venue in the DC area. I mean they played at both venues in 2004, but that was back when DMB was in their prime.

Not having Camden on the schedule is really weird. I’m sure it will probably return next year though.
The only thing I can really think of is if they are embargoed from playing Camden.


I'd say it's like a 10% chance, but it's possible they are playing either XPonential Music Festival (which is a separately ticketed Saturday or Sunday night show at the ampitheater in Camden in mid July) or Made in America.


I know for a fact that XPonential embargoes, Made in America I'm not sure but I presume they embargo.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 02:34 PM   #254
blumathu
 
blumathu's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb2much40 View Post
I chose starlake for priority even though blossom is my home venue. Given starlake is a holiday weekend I thought there might be more demand.
Ah, that was probably smart, I didn't think of that. I tried the same two shows and selected Blossom as the priority. Got lowers for Blossom but completely shut out of starlake.
blumathu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 04:33 PM   #255
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,993
I think skipping Camden is just to drive up demand. They haven’t sold out Camden totally the last couple of years. Now they’ll sell out Holmdel and Jones Beach now easily and they figure some NJ people might make the trip to Mohegan instead. This is just speculation, but I really doubt it has anything to do with embargo or being banned. They’ve played there every year for like over a decade, wouldn’t make sense they just get cut.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:05 PM   #256
dmb1981
 
dmb1981's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekUpAB View Post
No, just me. Sounds like the other option went a lot better for everyone.
The last minute plan works better than both.
__________________
Long live the Matthews Band
dmb1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:11 AM   #257
mario
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 17,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by greykitkat36 View Post
I think skipping Camden is just to drive up demand. They haven’t sold out Camden totally the last couple of years. Now they’ll sell out Holmdel and Jones Beach now easily and they figure some NJ people might make the trip to Mohegan instead. This is just speculation, but I really doubt it has anything to do with embargo or being banned. They’ve played there every year for like over a decade, wouldn’t make sense they just get cut.

I am amazed that your final sentence completely disproves the entire rest of your post.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambourine Man View Post
I saw that healthcare workers in CO are blocking the cars from protesting.

I really didn’t want to go there but: fuck these people. Nurses make $100k/year with full benefits. I don’t feel sorry for them at all that they might catch a flu that’s not going to do anything to them. Such a stupid opportunity that they’re fully exploiting to jerk themselves off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh.0 View Post
The fact that they came outside in their scrubs - which they’re supposed to be keeping as clean and “uncompromised” as possible - tells you it was virtue signaling in an attempt to go viral. Just like all of the dumb TikTok videos that bored nurses in empty hospitals have been putting together across the country the last few weeks
mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 03:20 PM   #258
greykitkat36
 
greykitkat36's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 10,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario View Post
I am amazed that your final sentence completely disproves the entire rest of your post.
No it doesn’t at all, a lot or bands aren’t selling out Camden anymore and I don’t think the venue cuts you off for not selling it out. I don’t have any inside info, but I’m willing to bet that them not playing there is a personal band management decision.
__________________
S'cuse me. (spits out Ricola) Its just so I know where it is, so I can get it after. Can't waste it, Ricola's delicious."-- DJM
greykitkat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:37 AM   #259
Jayes
ISO Hello Again&Broken Things
 
Jayes's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 10,646
I’ll be in Phoenix for work later this week. Do I want to spend the $100 for a fest-set and try to see the boys @ Innings?
Jayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 09:50 AM   #260
patsfan39
 
patsfan39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 5,172
If you have nothing else going on. Id think of it as a bonus show.

Dont go in with any expectations, but if you get something worthwhile then its a well spent $100.

Im hoping for a good show in vegas but at the end of the day, im getting a weekend in vegas out of it.
__________________
-Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersh View Post
bkdkbbkkddd

the letters he draws with his tongue.
patsfan39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

These Days Continue > The Continuation > DMBc


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2006 thesedayscontinue.org

Page generated in 0.05936 seconds with 18 queries